Razer Blade 15” Base 2020 (RZ09-0328x) Bricked due to BIOS upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Razer Blade 15” Base 2020 (RZ09-0328x) Bricked due to BIOS upgrade

What about your first BACKUP dump ... that was working ,, you still got it ?? For EC BIOS (ENE,ITE chip ... google it what are u looking on your motherboard) you need special programmer, but not always as some EC chip dont need to be programmed...

I would imagine that the laptop is still under warranty ?? I would say that the problem is somewhere else ... have u measured any voltages on BIOS chip leg 8 ??

Comment

Originally posted by matusiq View Post
      What about your first BACKUP dump ... that was working ,, you still got it ?? For EC BIOS (ENE,ITE chip ... google it what are u looking on your motherboard) you need special programmer, but not always as some EC chip dont need to be programmed...

I would imagine that the laptop is still under warranty ?? I would say that the problem is somewhere else ... have u measured any voltages on BIOS chip leg 8 ??
      Sorry for the late reply... I don't have any first backup as didn't think an official BIOS update can mess things up like this (now I've learnt for my entire life...).

I will measure the voltage tomorrow.

It still has warranty but I bought it on ebay from a "non-authorized" seller hence Razer doesn't accept it. So they would repair it for a fee and what I've learnt so far from other forums that would be a whole motherboard replacement which will cost a lot...

I suspect the EC as a route cause as the machine went down completely when I installed an EC upgrade which was not for my machine (good question why the installer let it happen). But this was my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by beatngu View Post
        Sorry for the late reply... I don't have any first backup as didn't think an official BIOS update can mess things up like this (now I've learnt for my entire life...).

I will measure the voltage tomorrow.

It still has warranty but I bought it on ebay from a "non-authorized" seller hence Razer doesn't accept it. So they would repair it for a fee and what I've learnt so far from other forums that would be a whole motherboard replacement which will cost a lot...

I suspect the EC as a route cause as the machine went down completely when I installed an EC upgrade which was not for my machine (good question why the installer let it happen). But this was my mistake.
        I dont know what type of programmer are you using but the clip is not always 100% good kit to use. The another chip you said that you can not recognize ...read with clip because the legs could be connected somewhere else and it has to be removed to do proper reading.

I would still say that the problem could be in BIOS ...

Comment

Are there some News ? I ve got the same problem. Bought the device from Razer. They wont give me warranty because of some e-cigarette liquid in the fans. But the problem appeared right after the BIOS Update reboot.

Comment

I just did it ! !!!! I flashed it kind of 100 times. But i now got a flasher which worked. Fck you razer support. Take the 1.06.bin and use the ch341a 1.4 .
            Ive got the same symptomatic as you got. Ive uploaded you the program. Hope it helps anybody out there. It was so frustrating. Razer wanted 1350 € for repair. No spare parts out there. Nothing near a good support. They even couldnt send me the bios files.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by matusiq View Post

i ve got a solution

Comment

I've also tried it so many times and even if programmer says flashing was successful I still can't turn on my machine, no leds flashing, etc. Any more ideas? That repair cost you mentioned worries me so much...:O

Comment

Do you think ordering a new BIOS chip from ebay and soldering it would help solving it?

Comment

I found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133816876844

...which seems to be the one for my machine.

Comment

I've talked to a guy who mentioned that this model has two BIOS chips. I've made a screenshot (attached):

The main one is Winbond 25Q128FV (marked as red) and that contains that 16 MB bios which I could manage to flash.

But the problem would be with the second one (Gigadevice GD25Q64CSIG, marked as blue) which holds EC FW. So if I would have the image for this secondary device and flash it that would help I guess.

So my question is if anyone has similar model / motherboard would it be possible to extract it and send it to me? Or would you suggest in which other thread should I request it?

Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've talked to a guy who mentioned that this model has two BIOS chips. I've made a screenshot (attached):

The main one is Winbond 25Q128FV (marked as red) and that contains that 16 MB bios which I could manage to flash.

But the problem would be with the second one (Gigadevice GD25Q64CSIG, marked as blue) which holds EC FW. So if I would have the image for this secondary device and flash it that would help I guess.

So my question is if anyone has similar model / motherboard would it be possible to extract it and send it to me? Or would you suggest in which other thread should I request it?

Thanks!
                        Post the GD25Q64CSIG backup,even if corrupt, and also post the WRONG EC updater ,to check if contents are the same .
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          Post the GD25Q64CSIG backup,even if corrupt, and also post the WRONG EC updater ,to check if contents are the same .
                          Will try to get that and will get back to you. Thanks.

Comment

So I could manage the attached image from this secondary BIOS. What I can understand that it holds this EC FW which has version 1.0. Could this cause the whole issue with my machine?
                            Attached Files

Comment

So I could manage the attached image from this secondary BIOS. What I can understand that it holds this EC FW which has version 1.0. Could this cause the whole issue with my machine?
                              It does have EC firmware,the problem is the filesize is 16MB ,the GD25Q64CSIG is an 8MB chip, so i can only guess that youve chosen the wrong chip in your programmer software and its read the chip twice to make a 16MB file.I split it into two 8MB and the files are identical.The EC has your DMI info in it,serial and win key. Which EC did you flash,what was the bios updater you used,from which model ? , have you still got the file you flashed that bricked it ?

There`s no EC update available at the razer support for the RZ09-0328x ,i guess they never released one. So,you`d need an EC dump from the same model. Get in touch again with razer and ask them if they can provide one

Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-24-2021, 03:58 PM.
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

It does have EC firmware,the problem is the filesize is 16MB ,the GD25Q64CSIG is an 8MB chip, so i can only guess that youve chosen the wrong chip in your programmer software and its read the chip twice to make a 16MB file.I split it into two 8MB and the files are identical.The EC has your DMI info in it,serial and win key. Which EC did you flash,what was the bios updater you used,from which model ? , have you still got the file you flashed that bricked it ?

There`s no EC update available at the razer support for the RZ09-0328x ,i guess they never released one. So,you`d need an EC dump from the same model. Get in touch again with razer and ask them if they can provide one

Could you please send me divided (8MB file)?

I already asked Razer "support" million times but they keep saying they don't send individual parts and I should send it back to them for repair (which means a full mobo replace most probably...

Comment

I already asked Razer "support" million times but they keep saying they don't send individual parts and I should send it back to them for repair (which means a full mobo replace most probably...
                                  8MB EC attached. You will still need an EC dump though, if it has been flashed with the wrong one.If someone posts one then its a quick job to copy your DMI from the old one to the new one.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

They don`t need to send you the chip, just a download link to the EC firmware .

Comment

They don`t need to send you the chip, just a download link to the EC firmware .
                                      Yeah, I described that at least 3 times to them but those "professional" retards doesn't seem to be getting what I ask for (or don't want to help).

Comment

i have Razer 2020 RZ09-03287E22 no display, i need bios,please help me!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by minhduc18 View Post
                                          i have Razer 2020 RZ09-03287E22 no display, i need bios,please help me!
                                          Bios .
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X