24in LG mo PSU/board. Bad caps or Bad board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24in LG mo PSU/board. Bad caps or Bad board

The basic caps are all bad but I think the inverter transformer might be bad as well. There is a black burn spot on the other side of the transformer. Though I do know sometimes burn marks can arise just from being hot but ...

So my question is this. Do you think I could get away with just replacing the capacitors or do you think it would be best just to replace the full board. I found one on ebay for 31$ but its in hong kong and it'll be a couple/few weeks before it gets here.
    Attached Files
    Cap it
    0%
    Trash it
    0%

The poll is expired.

Re: 24in LG mo PSU/board. Bad caps or Bad board

Why trash it, its a fairly simple repair ??? the transformer should be fine if you have a DMM you can test it to be 100% sure but its always worth a try.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

....and the evilbay one from China will have the same crap caps on it you have on the one in this thread. Recap it, quality caps are 1/2 the price of the evilbay board.
      Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

Thanks guys, I just wasn't sure if getting a new matching transformer was going to be a option or not. I'll post here the results once I re cap it.

Comment

Ok so i recapped the power board and it now comes on.... But now its extremely fuzzy with pixilated lines. Ive tested it on two systems and two power cords with same result. Any thoughts on what else i could do? Also i did update driver and used diagnostic software with no help.
          Attached Files

Comment

The picture doesn't look any fuzzier than the bezel in that photo. Are you sure that the resolution is set correctly?

FYI, It's poor practice to use your email address as your username. It's a great way to attract spam.
            Last edited by c_hegge; 09-09-2015, 09:27 PM.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Did you try reseating the LVDS cable to the LCD panel?
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

[QUOTE=ajwrighter@gmail.com;584981]The basic caps are all bad but I think the inverter transformer might be bad as well. There is a black burn spot on the other side of the transformer. Though I do know sometimes burn marks can arise just from being hot but ...

So my question is this. Do you think I could get away with just replacing the capacitors or do you think it would be best just to replace the full board. I found one on ebay for 31$ but its in hong kong and it'll be a couple/few weeks before it gets here.

sorry for the late response i was looking at your pictures and when i saw the suscon caps i was like i had to recap my psu in an old emac just because of suscrap (why do companies still use crap caps) i switched all to panasonic FR low-esr series.
                Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                  Did you try reseating the LVDS cable to the LCD panel?
                  i have to ask when recapping one of the boards should you use low ESR caps or general purpose caps also work?
                  Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

low esr.
                    panasonic fm,fr.
                    rubycon zl
                    nichicon hd,ect
                    Originally posted by coreAngel View Post
                    i have to ask when recapping one of the boards should you use low ESR caps or general purpose caps also work?

Comment

we
                      Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                      The picture doesn't look any fuzzier than the bezel in that photo. Are you sure that the resolution is set correctly
                      I did all the necessary steps before coming here: Checked cables, used different cables, checked software(video card settings), onboard monitor diagnostics, software diagnostics. Then i switched the monitor to a different computer and the fuzzyness still persisted. The lines you see on that picture aren't suppuse to be there.
                      Last edited by ajwrighter@gmail.com; 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                        FYI, It's poor practice to use your email address as your username. It's a great way to attract spam.
                        Well FYI, I was unable to locate the option to change it and more than likely my auto fill created it so the damage is done. Also I've never had a problem with spam because that is what filters are for. Besides there are a lot more efficient ways to acquire someones email address
                        Last edited by ajwrighter@gmail.com; 09-11-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I have problem my on Sony TV KDL-47W802

from 1 year my picture quality is very and poor video noisy with color not quality as well contrast low, I see HD content like SD , on all source bluray or hd setellite channels or even sample picture on tv not quality
                          are you advise me to replace my main board

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X