X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
    Also,you were lucky to get it with PI coil spaces!
    I know, right! With that luck, I should have went and played the lottery that day!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
      Well, I'm bored and since here are some PSU geeks:
      Could someone tell me the topology used in the following unint?

I still don't understand how that thing works (or how (in)efficient it could be)...
      Anyone anything on the topology of that unit??

And why did we miss that PIC16C72A Microcontroller?

And that 8pin chip on the output side between the cables is just a serial Flash ROM.

And that chip with the cap glued on top is a FanXPert 3 Chip (whatever that is)...

Comment

Anybody seen a Deer this beefy?
        Main rig:
        Gigabyte B75M-D3H
        Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
        Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
        16GB DDR3-1600
        Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
        FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
        120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
        Delux MG760 case

Comment

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
          Several times actually.

Comment

Anyone anything on the topology of that unit??
            What post # is that? I don't know if my eyes are broken or what, but I just can't find that post.

Originally posted by Dan81
            Well I don't know about being beefy, but it certainly has some "meat" on it. Maybe enough to last an entire winter.

Okay, silly Deer jokes aside, yes I have seen Deer PSUs this good before and even better. It all depends how much you paid for it. The cheap ones can be almost as bad as the L&C line. The better ones can be fairly decent: line filtering, PI coils on the outputs, and a real "35" size transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              What post # is that? I don't know if my eyes are broken or what, but I just can't find that post.

Well I don't know about being beefy, but it certainly has some "meat" on it. Maybe enough to last an entire winter.

Okay, silly Deer jokes aside, yes I have seen Deer PSUs this good before and even better. It all depends how much you paid for it. The cheap ones can be almost as bad as the L&C line. The better ones can be fairly decent: line filtering, PI coils on the outputs, and a real "35" size transformer.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

#1821 in this thread.
                An old NMB WTX PSU.

Looks like my 'IT 300W' Power Supply.
                That one with almost all caps bloated...

Comment

Well,considering this one powers a dual core system (and not a high end one) it's pretty good for the job. I know Allied/Apex does some good units. They're pretty rare here though - this was the only one close to an Allied,save for the 4 diode bridge rectifier and EI-33 transformer.

I could actually say it powers a "GIANT ROBOT". (Megas XLR )

The Delux is still powering the Athlon 64 3000+ system. I've got two more PSUs though - a Premier LC-B400ATX and a Premier LC-B450E. All those three have PI coils. The former has them installed by myself and the latter came with them already.

The LC-B450E also has a weird thing - one of the rails has actually two rectifiers in parallel - it's the 5v rail if I'm not mistaken. Why do that is actually past my ability to understand - why do that when you have the 12v rail?
                  Main rig:
                  Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                  Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                  Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                  16GB DDR3-1600
                  Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                  FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                  120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                  Delux MG760 case

Comment

No attachments this time because can't be bothered...

Does anyone know how/why Corsair uses the WT7518 on the modular PCB?
                    Last edited by Stefan Payne; 10-25-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

What is this? Pictures for ants?

http://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/5029296.jpg

Comment

Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Hm, this Forum does not support using image links with thumbnails.
                          Weird...

Used the same code in another forum where it worked - here it didn't..

And I can't edit my posting somehow...

Well than, as atachements (didn't want that...)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Corsair RM650x? Or maybe 750x.
                            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

no

Look at those doughter PCBs...

Comment

More than 750w ?
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Of course not.

Comment

Hm, this Forum does not support using image links with thumbnails.
                                    Weird...

Used the same code in another forum where it worked - here it didn't..

And I can't edit my posting somehow...

Well than, as atachements (didn't want that...)
                                    P.S.,
                                    We (the forum) encourage using attachments because images hosted off-site are unreliable.
                                    As an example: You look at a year old thread to get info for a repair, only to get the dreaded "image not found" error! ... that can be quite frustrating!

-Ben
                                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

#1821 in this thread.
                                      An old NMB WTX PSU.
                                      Interesting PSU.
                                      I would guess either double-transistor forward or full-bridge. Maybe the latter as there are 4 transistors on what appears to be the primary heatsink. The other primary heatsink probably has the APFC transistor(s) and rectifier(s).

I don't know what the PIC chip does in it (or why there are even so many ICs). Most likely using a programmable IC like a PIC chip was easier than trying to make all sorts of controllers work together.

Very nice power supply!
                                      I'd definitely mod it to ATX standard and use it if that is possible. I'm pretty sure this will work forever with those caps and that built quality.
                                      Last edited by momaka; 10-27-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

no

Look at those doughter PCBs...
                                        Oh yeah, I can see that now, RM650i. It seems almost the same as x. I've been sure it is definitelly not RM550 - that one is shorter.

Comment

Hm??
                                          They use another plattform for the 550W model?

Comment

Working...
                                          X