X541uvk rev 2.0 no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X541uvk rev 2.0 no display

Hi I have asus motherboard it was spilled with coffe then it has no display now IVE TESTED THE pin30 it has no voltage readings

I have 5v and 3v voltage reading The led wont turn off the cpu is getting hot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kalilinux25; 11-29-2019, 08:37 PM.

Re: X541uvk rev 2.0 no display

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
    Hi I have asus motherboard it was spilled with coffe then it has no display now IVE TESTED THE pin30 it has no voltage readings

I have 5v and 3v voltage reading The led wont turn off the cpu is getting hot
    Which part of the cpu gets hot? There are two chips on it. A smaller die and a bigger one. If the small one gets hot your cpu is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
      Which part of the cpu gets hot? There are two chips on it. A smaller die and a bigger one. If the small one gets hot your cpu is dead.
      The small one is getting hot and the big one is not

Comment

Does the laptop turns on?? If so pch(small die) will hot up a bit and that's normal. btw, what is the resistance on pin8 of bios chip??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Does the laptop turns on?? If so pch(small die) will hot up a bit and that's normal. btw, what is the resistance on pin8 of bios chip??
          yes power on led is on the pin 8 has 25kiloohm

Comment

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
            The small one is getting hot and the big one is not
            If all power rails are present and it heats immediately to untouchable temperatures it is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
              If all power rails are present and it heats immediately to untouchable temperatures it is dead.
              Yes, thats important. How hot is it getting but going by the rating on pin8, fault may be elsewhere.

Comment

Hello all, first at all sorry for my english... I´m fighting with one of these... X541uvk r.2...

If I cut the jumpers PJP8704 and PJP8702 I have 3VA and 5VA... I put the jumper again and I have 0V in both... If I only put PJP8702 I have 5VA stable ... So my conclusion was that I have a shortcircuit after 3VA... well... I attach picture...
                As you can see I have Removed all the component
                PQ881
                PU8601
                PU8801

leaving the circuit pad alone, and it is shorted to GND.

How can I continue in order to open this complete pad out of GND

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

You can benefit by downloading the boarwiev file in this topic. You can search for a short circuit in the smd components used after the jumper. After the jumper, you can detect the heated part by injecting a voltage of 3v starting from 1v.
                  I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
                    You can benefit by downloading the boarwiev file in this topic. You can search for a short circuit in the smd components used after the jumper. After the jumper, you can detect the heated part by injecting a voltage of 3v starting from 1v.

Thank you, I will do that, but... what more could I do if I have removed all the components (also removed the cap shown in this picture)?... and the entire trace seems to be shorted to GND... could be a multilayer issue?

Comment

The trace you are reporting that goes to ground = Net Name +3VA_DSW.

Use the boardview file "Search Net" button -> "+3VA_DSW" to locate all parts that interface with this rail.

There are numerous parts on both side of the logic board that mate with +3VA_DSW. Perhaps you have a short on one of these components. Inspect each for liquid damage / corrosion, etc.

We recently fixed an A1466 where the +3v42 rail was around +2v88. The client was stating the logic board has never seen any liquid. After removing the logic board -> bottom side (the side facing the keyboard) - we found neon green corrosion across 4 or so 0201 parts. After some alcohol cleaning and rebuilding one of these tiny parts, the +3v42 was restored and the logic board is working fine. The corrosion was near the Lattice FPGA device that is used on the board.

Check PR8813 that is still on the board.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mon2; 07-25-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Wow, excellent info. Thank you! I'll let you know as soon as I can

Comment

Well I have checked all components--- and GND is still in all the trace, I've removed all regulators and power switches, etc. And still in GND... I noticed that +3VA_DSW derives in +3VDSW_VCCPDSW... and this net, also in GND only reach to CPU... so, my conclusion was, CPU shorted. So, bye bye,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X