PS3 Super Slim PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Super Slim PSU

Hello, i have dead PS3 with no power. I check fuse and it is ok and i track furder and i find that bridge rectifier have 0V on DC, AC is ok 240V. I remove the (GBU608) rectifier and the value in diode mode are

- to AC = 503
    - to AC = 503
    - to + = 930

Is this ok reading? this 930?
    ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Re: PS3 Super Slim PSU

Oh i forgot to metion thet i have no Standby voltage, it is 0.05V

Comment

• Can you please post a picture of the top and bottom of the PS3 power supply?
      • What's the model number of this console?
      • Is this the one with the plastic top-load? If so, i can take the one i have apart and give you some good comparison data.

-Thomas
      -Thomas
      I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Here is the pic of PSU. Model is PS3 Super Slim CECH-4304A.

The top load is model, the one that slide the lid for insert CD
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rtstorm; 03-27-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Cool. I will get you a reply and some data this evening. Need to finish out the workday (at home) first...

I'll double check the PS3 model that i have, but i know for sure it's the top load version that i have laying around. The original owner never picked it up and went MIA for the last 2 years. It's mine now i guess

According to the PS3 devwiki, there are three main super slim versions:

Super Slim (nor/eMMC)
          CECH-40xx
          CECH-42xx
          CECH-43xx

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/
          -Thomas
          I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

what about + to AC readings?

Comment

+ to AC reading is 502 and reverse is 0L

Comment

then with 240vac on the input you should have about 340vdc on the output.

Comment

Yes, you are right. My first reading was wrong :-(
                  Any sugestion what should i check next?

Comment

i check the reading on second fuse and i got 0.02V and on the IC all pins are 0.2V exepr pin #5 voltage is jumping from 0.2V to 5V
                    Attached Files

Comment

it could be one of the small caps dried up inside

Comment

Whats the model of your power supply? it should be molded on to the bottom plastic piece. The one that i have is a ADP-160AR - it has a white 4 pin connector.

In any case, the common failures for the PS3 and PS4 supplies are the N channel FETs and diodes downstream. If you haven't already, i suggest checking the four 3-pin heatsinked parts for shorts.

In my supply, it's a K15A60U and a BYV29FX-600 diode close to the big 450V cap. You can use the DMM in continuity / beep mode for the N-FET, and in diode mode for the diode.

Next to the 12V output, there are two heatsinked components as well. For me, it's two STPS3045CT diodes wired in parallel.

I've fixed several PS4 and Xbox One supplies with failed FETS/Diodes.
                        Attached Files
                        -Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
                          i check the reading on second fuse and i got 0.02V and on the IC all pins are 0.2V exepr pin #5 voltage is jumping from 0.2V to 5V
                          What's the markings on that IC that you show in post #10?
                          -Thomas

Comment

My board is N160A 002L
                            I check all FET's and diodes and they are ok, at first i thought that B3045G Switch Mode Power Rectifier was shorted becoust pin 1 and 3 was shorted. Then i remo it from board and it was ok. The false reading was becouse the 1 and 3 is connected to the primary of transformator. All other diodes and heatsink element show no short.

@ ngth82 - the IC is FS117

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
                              FS117
                              This is not a good part number
                              9 PC LCD Monitor
                              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                              30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                              10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                              6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                              1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                              25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                              6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                              1 Dell Mother Board
                              15 Computer Power Supply
                              1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                              2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                              All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Here is the picture of component. I fount it on AliExpress
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by rtstorm; 03-28-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I agree...

BUT... if you look at the US version, my supply has a DNP013 by Fairchild Semi. ()

Fairchild has a device FSL117 - note the addition of the L. (https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...5d406acc7c.pdf)

Both are green-mode Fairchild power switches.
                                  I just can't find the package marking for the FSL117 - it's not in their datasheet. Maybe this is a good start... Pin out looks similar except pin 4 between the two devices.
                                  -Thomas

Comment

Yes, i think this is the same component. On my measuring i get 0V on all (exactly -0.8V) except on pin5 i get jumping volage from -2 to 6V. The datasheet say that pin 5 is STARTUP and pin 4 is V-IN
                                    Last edited by rtstorm; 03-28-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

jumping startup is usually a bad cap

Comment

I'd look at the cap too as STJ suggested if you haven't already. Got a cap meter?
                                        -Thomas

Comment

Working...
                                        X