Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digihome 40272SM (Vestel) - Various Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digihome 40272SM (Vestel) - Various Issues.

I've got a Digihome 40272SM with a number of problems, some of which appear to be intermittent.

1) Initially, the problem was an intermittent dark patch on the left side of the screen and a single 1 pixel wide black vertical line on the right side. The dark patch seems to have fixed itself, but the black vertical line remains. I'm assuming this is due to a faulty panel, so will just have to live with it (it's not too invasive for the use it gets).

2) Along with the above, the TV would turn itself off randomly. This only seemed to happen when the dark patch on the left side wasn't present. The shutting off was happening quite regularly, and once it happens once, it will tend to keep happening more often, but it's currently been sat for hours and not turned itself off.

3) The circuits were making quite a loud whine, but this seems to have disappeared.

4) The button / switch on the unit itself doesn't function properly anymore. It's only got the little switch that can be flicked up / down or pressed in. It was working fine, but then I swapped to the "Wireless Display" source and (after a random shut off) the up / down no longer works. I can press it to show the volume level or current source, but can't change volume or bring up the source list to change those. Plugging in a USB keyboard does allow volume changes. I don't have a remote currently, but have ordered one, so will find out if that works. In the mean time, I am stuck on the "Wireless Display" screen.

For points 2/3, I was hoping maybe just dropping the brightness would resolve / improve the issue, but am unable to get into the menu until my remote arrives.

In case that doesn't work, I did inspect and do some very basic checks on the circuit boards. I can't see any obvious problems, but did get some peculiar voltage readings on the connector from the PSU to the main board.

When in standby:
    Pin 1 = 12.34V
    Pin 6 = 1.95V
    Pin 2,3,4,5 = 0V

When on:
    Pin 1 = 12.35V
    Pin 3 = 3.31V
    Pin 4 = 5.21V
    Pin 2,5,6 = 0V

Power board is a Vestel 17IPS71

Can anyone suggest potential diagnoses for the rear switch fault and random cut offs?

Is there anyway to reset the TV to factory settings without requiring the menus? Shorting some pins or such?

Cheers

Last edited by Strudul; 04-06-2021, 01:04 PM.

Re: Digihome 40272SM (Vestel) - Various Issues.

Just an update that I got a remote and that works fine.

Comment

Re: Digihome 40272SM (Vestel) - Various Issues.

hi do u have eeprom for this model

Comment

Working...
      X