X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAG3DCMBCC0 REV C cpu shorted?

hi everyone
    as the title says i got this board with a possible short in cpu

when i connect the power supply the laptop draws 0.015 amps and when press the power button the light in the same button turns on and quickly turn off at the same time that power input ligth do the same
    its a hp omen dc1003la with a i7 9750h and a 1660 ti

when push the button the laptop max amp draw is 0.120 amps and turn off

measurement near the cpu show me a full short ill attach the image

how can confirm that cpu is shorted

i tried injecting 1volt and 1 amp limited but nothing get hot even cpu still cold , should inject more current?

the only low measurement is near the cpu other parts on the board sems to be fine

thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: DAG3DCMBCC0 REV C cpu shorted?

What is exact ohm reading on that cpu coils relative to ground?

Comment

Originally posted by myth77 View Post
      What is exact ohm reading on that cpu coils relative to ground?

hi

relative to ground is 0.2 ohm

Comment

I would remove those vcore coils and check on which side resistence is 0.2 ohm

Comment

I would remove those vcore coils and check on which side resistence is 0.2 ohm
          is on cpu side?

all hopes are lost?

Comment

0.2 Ohms is too low even for a 9th gen cpu though i'm not 100% sure.
            Last edited by mcplslg123; 07-02-2021, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              0.2 Ohms is too low even for a 9th gen cpu though i'm not 100% sure.
              yes i measured an i5-8300h wich was functional and in the same line in that laptop has an 2.9 ohm value

the strange thing here is that i inject 1v and 1.6a to this i7-9750h and doesnt get hot, any component, should inject more cutrrent or volt?

Comment

More current, not volt. You can pump upto 5Amp. If SOC is shorted it will consume almost 1A or higher current and u cant feel the heat so easily. U leave with current injected for 10 mins and then it may be slightly warm.

Comment

Originally posted by mauareju View Post
                  hi

relative to ground is 0.2 ohm
                  This is not shorted, i've seen even0.1 ohm and the machine was working 100%

Comment

More current, not volt. You can pump upto 5Amp. If SOC is shorted it will consume almost 1A or higher current and u cant feel the heat so easily. U leave with current injected for 10 mins and then it may be slightly warm.
                    Totally agree with you, if the PCH is intergrated within the CPU, then we can conclud that the cpu is shorted but believe me guys ive seen 0.1 ohm and the machine was working 100%

Comment

hi everyone
                      as the title says i got this board with a possible short in cpu

when i connect the power supply the laptop draws 0.015 amps and when press the power button the light in the same button turns on and quickly turn off at the same time that power input ligth do the same
                      its a hp omen dc1003la with a i7 9750h and a 1660 ti

when push the button the laptop max amp draw is 0.120 amps and turn off

measurement near the cpu show me a full short ill attach the image

how can confirm that cpu is shorted

i tried injecting 1volt and 1 amp limited but nothing get hot even cpu still cold , should inject more current?

the only low measurement is near the cpu other parts on the board sems to be fine

thanks in advance
                      I think that board is missing 1.05v please check

Comment

Originally posted by mnciks11 View Post
                        This is not shorted, i've seen even0.1 ohm and the machine was working 100%
                        What was the cpu?
                        And did you meassure ohm right after you unplug the power or after when it was cooled and power drained?

Comment

What was the cpu?
                          And did you meassure ohm right after you unplug the power or after when it was cooled and power drained?
                          Obvious you can't measure for ohms while plugged in, it was unplugged...

I can't really remember but I know for sure that it was the latest

Comment

Obvious you can't measure for ohms while plugged in, it was unplugged...

I can't really remember but I know for sure that it was the latest
                            I didn't mean you measure it while power on..There is difference in ohm resistance if you measure it few seconds after the power cord unplugged and let's say half hour after power cord unplugged...

Comment

I think that board is missing 1.05v please check
                              yes 1.05v is mising
                              is this voltage always?

where i can find the source of this voltage? there is no scheme of this board

There is more photos of the board
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by mauareju; 07-03-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with you, if the PCH is intergrated within the CPU, then we can conclud that the cpu is shorted but believe me guys ive seen 0.1 ohm and the machine was working 100%

yes the pch is on another chip is not in the cpu

Comment

ok guys so...

i decided to turn up these coils that gives power to cpu and now the cpu measurement is 2.3 ohm so thats normal

in the image that i attached see in black one coil tha gives full ground and in the blue these coils give 511 each in diode mode so i think that the mosfet or something in that line is causing the short

ill inject some voltage and i will keep you update
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Not shorted likely. Meter will buzz in diode mode as its supposed to be very low resistance. Measue in ohms mode and not in diode mode.

Comment

Not shorted likely. Meter will buzz in diode mode as its supposed to be very low resistance. Measue in ohms mode and not in diode mode.
                                      yes this measurement was in diode mode an resistance an resistance shows 0.002 ohm i think is full short

Comment

resistance shows 0.002 ohm i think is full short
                                        For sure.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                        X