Mitsubishi LT-52246 has sound but no backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi LT-52246 has sound but no backlight

Mitsubishi LT-52246 has sound but no backlight, i.e. the televised images are visible using the flashlight test. I am reading voltages that are what I believe in range and am having a tough time discerning which components have gone bad. Anyone have any insight to a surefire method to determine which board needs to be replaced? ...or might the ccfl's be at fault -- and how do I tell? I'm a novice here so step by step would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Mitsubishi LT-52246 has sound but no backlight

Old LCD CCFL TVs are obsolete and usually not worth it to repair. The inverter circuits are a high shock hazard with thousands of volts. That being said, I have seen bad transformers, shorted FETs and bad caps on inverter boards. The bulbs are likely near end of life at this age as well.
    Last edited by neilc6; 07-02-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Re: Mitsubishi LT-52246 has sound but no backlight

Thanks neilc6 for the quick reply. I realize the set is rather old at 12 or 13 years, but man it has got one gorgeous picture, or had one anyhow. It sounds like you have seen most of the problems like this related to bad components on the inverted boards. As such, if I can source replacement boards at a good price it might be worth a shot to fix it. If it turns out to be a bad ccfl it would have to hit the scrap heap. Thanks for your help. Anybody else care to chime in?

Comment

Working...
      X