Sony XBR-55X850D LED strip replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-55X850D LED strip replacement

Does anyone have the procedure for replacing the LED strips on a Sony XBR-55X850D? It's a sidelit TV so hopefully doesn't require complete panel removal and all that, but its a Sony so who knows.

I cant find much info on any one having done it before and would love to take a look at what im in for before i decide to take on the job.

Re: Sony XBR-55X850D LED strip replacement

I would suspect looking at the advertised led strips that the led panel needs to be removed.
    https://tinyurl.com/5394hwmk
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I have never encountered a LED TV where you DIDN'T have to remove the panel to get at the LEDs. Edge lit models are fairly much the same and sometimes the diffuser sheets sit on top of the inner frame. You also have to be very careful with fingerprints, rips in the reflector sheet and spacing between the diffusing panel and LEDs since they all can cause bright spots or an uneven backlight.
      Last edited by neilc6; 07-07-2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Several years ago I did have one set where the leds were side bar and the plates were removable from the back of the panel meaning you did not have to disassemble the led panel and diffusers. Can't remember the make, sorry.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
        X