X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell INSPIRION 15 7567 BSOD

Seems only with windows OS, when I try to install win10 appears the BSOD
    ACPI BIOS ERROR.
    I have read that this error could be connected to a ram insertion in a hibernation state.
    Furthermore it seems that it is not directly connected to ACPI.
    Anyway, has anyone already had a similar experience?
    I tried everything possible without taking it apart but without results.

Re: Dell INSPIRION 15 7567 BSOD

which Win10 installation step does the error appear at?

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
      which Win10 installation step does the error appear at?
      I choose the USB pen from the menu, press enter, the installation begins and 2 sec after appear that error .

Just before it starts turning the wheel to wait
      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 12-19-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

https://windowsreport.com/acpi_bios_error-windows-10/

this looked good info but my adblocker stopped me looking , https://www.thewindowsclub.com/acpi_bios_error_windows

Comment

I was sure, but I hoped not, that it was just a bios problem. I disassembled the notebook and on the motherboard I saw a burnt inductance, fortunately the right and left values are 9.5 ohm and 10 ohm, is it possible that there are no other problems? It's strange that the motherboard turn on and that all hardware test in bios are passed
          Anyone have experience with this LA-D993P card?
          Attached Files

Comment

the schematics file is required to check.
            Last edited by caspian; 12-21-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
              the schematics file is required to check.
              unvailable

Comment

Can you trace where each pad goes to from pl900 .
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-22-2019, 05:27 AM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I have an idea, if I put a fuse in series with a new inductance, I can prevent the situation from getting worse. However, I don't know how many amps the fuse must be.
                  I try to trace, I think it is the power of the video card because otherwise the card would not start

Comment

If the traces go to one of the IC`s you can get its datasheet and see what the recommended part is or find another compal schematic with the same IC layout.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I found that LA-D991P is a mainboard similar to LA-D993P. But I did not find its schematics neither.
                      It seems that the burned inductor is connected to PQ900 and PL1505.

Comment

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...8b4aa33e57.pdf

check if the inductor is on the power supply of the P900, what voltage is on the green but blue point?
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I have traced the component under check and after cleaning the card the previous values are wrong.
                          (LA-D991P schematic is unvailable)
                          The burnerd inductor receives the 19V and sends it to a double mosfet (siz980dt). This mosfet is driven by an ampec (APW8828).
                          I expected a short on S1 / D2 but the Ohm value is high (G1 and G2 -> 0V with motherboard ON).
                          What I would like to understand is if the circuit of this board page 73 LA-D751P schematic is similar. (it seems that on the alienware LA-D751P both the ram and the GPU are powered by the same 1.35VS_VGAP-> 1.35VS_VGA line but I could be wrong)
                          However it seems that PL901 is the voltage for VRAM.
                          Following the track that goes under one of the ram and which has an Ohm value of 0.50 compared to PL901 (therefore they are connected) I do not detect any short compared to GND. I don't know if it is appropriate to inject the 1.35V on PL901.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 12-22-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                            I have traced the component under check and after cleaning the card the previous values are wrong.
                            The burnerd inductor receives the 19V and sends it to a double mosfet (siz980dt). This mosfet is driven by an ampec (APW8828).
                            I expected a short on S1 / D2 but the Ohm value is high (G1 and G2 -> 0V with motherboard ON).
                            What I would like to understand is if the circuit of this board page 73 LA-D751P schematic is similar. (it seems that on the alienware LA-D751P both the ram and the GPU are powered by the same 1.35VS_VGAP-> 1.35VS_VGA line but I could be wrong)
                            Following the track that goes under one of the ram and which has an Ohm value of 0.50 compared to PL901 (therefore they are connected) I do not detect any short compared to GND. I don't know if it is appropriate to inject the 1.35V on PL901.
                            i need to near to pl-500 coil resistance can you take a makro picture this part and if you make write to value of resistance?

Comment

Originally posted by chorumluum View Post
                              i need to near to pl-500 coil resistance can you take a makro picture this part and if you make write to value of resistance?
                              I hope I understand well your request
                              PL500 should be the 19V input for the controller power supply related to the ddr4
                              Attached Files

Comment

I hope I understand well your request
                                PL500 should be the 19V input for the controller power supply related to the ddr4
                                i need to this area compoment type, value and code. Because my technician need this for replacement. Thank you for helping.
                                Attached Files

Comment

i need to this area compoment type, value and code. Because my technician need this for replacement. Thank you for helping.
                                  To obtain an accurate measurement, the components must be desoldered, the values in the photo are not accurate but could be useful anyway. I was unable to find information on the A0S70S controller, open a thread to get help about this component.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

To obtain an accurate measurement, the components must be desoldered, the values in the photo are not accurate but could be useful anyway. I was unable to find information on the A0S70S controller, open a thread to get help about this component.
                                    My technian measure that top side 2 resistor and said me top side value will be differet horizontal wll be 49 k ohm and pl-500 will be 0m. That is possible? Sorry for my english.

Comment

My technian measure that top side 2 resistor and said me top side value will be differet horizontal wll be 49 k ohm and pl-500 will be 0m. That is possible? Sorry for my english.
                                      PL-500 is the input voltage line so if the value in Ohm is near 0 there is a short. To localize that short, remove PL500 (1 in pic) and desoldered PJP500 and PJP501. If you have 0 Ohm on:
                                      point a -> short on main B+ 19V line (the problem is in another location)
                                      point b -> remove capacitors 1 2 3 4 if the short persist probably PU500 is broken.
                                      There are probably other components that concern PU500 but without the scheme I cannot help you.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I soldered a new dual mosfet , changed the burnt coil and replace the inductor. Now at the end of PL901 there is 1.4V . all that remains is to replace the capacitor (19V to GND) with an appropriate value, which value do you recommend?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X