Spectre x360 dead - Dax31mb1aa0 rev a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectre x360 dead - Dax31mb1aa0 rev a

I've got an 13-ac023dx usb c logicboard Dax31mb1aa0 rev a ( Quanta X31 kbl-u 2016.08.05 )

clean board. both tvs diodes ( D36 & D43 ) were shorted. Removed

no other shorts on first glance. I have the schematic but no boardview.

The four vbus or vin mosfets around the two usbc controllers seem ok. no short among their B G D and also not to GND

Ports are good I guess.

usbc ampmeter shows 20V and only 0.03a. board is cycling every 3-4 seconds and the led flashes 3 times if I hit the power button

any ideas how to proceed on this one ?
    best regards,

wnt2fx

Re: Spectre x360 dead - Dax31mb1aa0 rev a

Remove all power. If not done already, check and post the resistance to ground of each coil to ground. Looking for possible shorts on the power rail.

Otherwise, do power up and check the voltage on each coil. Searching for any odd value on the power rail.

Comment

Thank you mon2. Now I have the boardview. I will have time next week to go over that board again.

I never checked voltages on the big coils but their resistance to gnd seemed reasonable.

What I forgot to mention is that the machine did run fine on battery but stopped charging.

If no one with experience on that kind of board has hints, ideas or a suspicioun I will post diode values and voltages in the coming week.

Comment

Check out this and some of his other videos, common fault on the Spectre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhBSMEBP3XQ

Comment

can me marked as solved

Originally posted by wnt2fx View Post
          I've got an 13-ac023dx usb c logicboard Dax31mb1aa0 rev a ( Quanta X31 kbl-u 2016.08.05 )

usbc ampmeter shows 20V and only 0.03a. board is cycling every 3-4 seconds and the led flashes 3 times if I hit the power button

wnt2fx
          with the battery attached it also cycles but after 5 times it charges and posts ! I was just too unpatient thanks all ! In the end it had been just shorted diodes and I took off one controller for nothing haaha. lets see if I manage to reball it without a stencil.

Comment

Working...
          X