Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55JU6470 - tab bond problem?

Hi!

I've grabbed a faulty backlighted UE55JU6470, and after replacing the LEDs I've noticed half of the screen is darker/lacks in blue colour, also switching colour slowly (slow-mo fading effect).
    After digging through this forum my bet was (is) kn tab bond issue. When I touch side tabs on bad side of screen, there is some response, although I haven't been able to get a full good picture with just messing around with my fingers there.
    I've seen in other threads that castration is recommended. Should I really just cut off the tabs on that side? If yes, should I cut as close to the lcd glass as possible?
    Many thanks in advance!

Edit: https://streamable.com/7l7419
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mrsith; 08-18-2022, 04:51 AM.

Re: Samsung UE55JU6470 - tab bond problem?

One more video to show the issue a bit better.

https://streamable.com/o6038k

Comment

go ahead and test the new backlights with a tester, test at the connector, inspect the cofs carefully, any discoloration or any of them hotter than the rest? check cofs on both sides of the panel if there's nothing obvious on one side.

Comment

So, I always test backlight before installing. No issues here.
        Decided to remove the front bezel once again to inspect all the cofs carefully. Noticed chipped glass in the corner. The TV is now starting with no picture at all, even with just one (any) side of panel connected to tcon. Tried tape cutoff, nothing.
        The bezel was attached only to the top of the TV, I had it loosened at the sides and the bottom, so I have honestly no idea when and how this might have happened. Maybe the glass was cracked a little, resulting in fading picture, which did break completely because of vibrations etc during handling the TV. Absolutely no idea.

I guess I already know the answer - is there any possibility at all to rescue this one? Seems that another TV, bought with bad backlight, will have to be scrapped...
        Attached Files

Comment

thats a strange place to find a break, seems like someone must have dropped it on that edge or damaged it during a attempt at fixing it.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-24-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

You just hurried when you installed the upper, clamping frame, and the panel itself did not completely lie down (its corner lay on the side) and when you put on the frame and pressed it at that moment, the panel burst.
            Attached Files

Comment

Was OK with the frame on a while before, don't know if that could happen during disassembly, if I broke it that would be during installing it, not taking off... Probably.
              Absolutely anything possible to try to fix it or it's as good as any broken panel?

Comment

have yet to see one broken work, except to light up and show the cracks or spiderwebs but no picture.

Comment

Well it does light up and there are no cracks or spiderweb, it's just all black. The actual screen part isn't damaged, just that transparent part in the corner, that's why I hoped (slightly...) for a jumper wire fix or something.

Comment

Is it bottom left corner? You can try jumpers to side COF.

Comment

Working...
                    X