Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

Originally posted by dinarte View Post
    the solution presented in this topic only works for intel models, right?
    also, does it work with rt809F or just with rt809H?

Comment

Have a look at this video, it explains alot, unfortunatley audio is in Russian but you can get the general idea.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBcINkWU7xM&t=27s

Comment

Can you help me after reprogramming mec 1663 the password still remains is there any solution ??

Comment

@spider300
          The first time we did one had a similar problem, then I suggested my friend to completely disconnect all source of energy for 1-2 minutes, after that the Supervisor Password was gone, may have been a coincidence or not, but that made a difference at the time.
          What's the ThinkPad model number and EC/KBC programmer you are using?

Comment

I use svod 4 device ThinkPad T14s

Comment

tried to unlock x13 gen 1 can read and write mec but password wont disappear
              what i doing wrong help ,using svod4

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                Looks like JTAG reset resistor is marked in red box. Move the resistor next to that capacitor on the empty pads.

I will test it tomorrow.
                hello thank you for this photo I have a vertyanove can you show me how I do it I have tag thank you for unlock bios t490s lenovo

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  Looks like JTAG reset resistor is marked in red box. Move the resistor next to that capacitor on the empty pads.

I will test it tomorrow.
                  hello I tested it on a lenovo t490s he told me invalid jtag

Comment

Originally posted by pokyss1 View Post
                    hello I tested it on a lenovo t490s he told me invalid jtag
                    Read post #239 you have photos.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have a Lenovo T14 I need to remove Bios password.

I have the RT809H Programmer, I connected wires to JTAG but cannot read chip (MEC-1663).

Iv attached diagram of how its wired up.
                      I used diagram from another T14 model but the board is slightly different i cant find a diagram for my exact board.

Did I wire this right?
                      Does CLK go to TCK jtag point?
                      Someone said I need 10K pull up resistor, what points do i connect that to?
                      I don't see the missing resistor other point to my boards a bit different.

I know you cant edit out the password but if you re-flash the dump it clears iv been told. (rt809h + read MEC1663 + write MEC1663) then you use the maintenance tool to restore serial etc.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi. My t480s is not working, need EC rom for it. Please, help me) Give me working one)

Comment

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post
                          I have a Lenovo T14 I need to remove Bios password.

I have the RT809H Programmer, I connected wires to JTAG but cannot read chip (MEC-1663).

Iv attached diagram of how its wired up.
                          I used diagram from another T14 model but the board is slightly different i cant find a diagram for my exact board.

Did I wire this right?
                          Does CLK go to TCK jtag point?
                          Someone said I need 10K pull up resistor, what points do i connect that to?
                          I don't see the missing resistor other point to my boards a bit different.

I know you cant edit out the password but if you re-flash the dump it clears iv been told. (rt809h + read MEC1663 + write MEC1663) then you use the maintenance tool to restore serial etc.
                          Actually you have to move the resistor for reading/writing and move it to original pad after you finished.

Comment

Originally posted by exe557 View Post
                            Actually you have to move the resistor for reading/writing and move it to original pad after you finished.
                            So I have the board view and schematics so I know I have the right points.

I have tried:
                            With and without 10k resistors on Jtag Pads 1-4
                            Pad 6 rst seems to be 3.3v but only has 3.3v when I put the missing resistor for that pad.
                            Iv tried with battery/charger connected.

But still I get error can't detect a chip model 0xFFFFFFFFF
                            Iv seen some can't be read and you simply get a donor EC file to simply wipe and write it back to the chip. But the chip would at least be detected and just fail reading correct?

Next step would be using the keyboard header points they have 10k resistors inline on the board.

Comment

Connection to from laptop to RT809H is wrong. Check it. I got similar situation yesterday))

Comment

Originally posted by akhtian View Post
                                Connection to from laptop to RT809H is wrong. Check it. I got similar situation yesterday))
                                LMAO who can see what I did wrong ����

Now while that was an issue, Iv fixed that but I still can’t get a read.
                                Are the pads wrong?
                                As I traced them back to the board.
                                Or should I be using the built in isp port and connecting Tx/RX?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by coolshrimp; 10-23-2022, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Connect it directly by small cables like on this picture.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Connect it directly by small cables like on this picture.

See Image This Is How It is wired and where I put a jumper for R/W.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

where did you find junper place?

Comment

where did you find junper place?
                                        From board view the white line it connects to a pad (1) and a resistor(circled in yellow) the connected pad (1) goes no where looks like a test point, the resistor is missing putting in the resistor gets 3.3v to the pad. and is connected to #RESET 3.3v line.

Also every other pad connects directly under the MEC chip, only that pad (6) has an inline resistor (the missing one) on its way to the MEC.

That’s prob why 10k resistors are recommended on the pads 1-4 but I seen 2 others say they’re not needed.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by coolshrimp; 10-23-2022, 04:30 AM.

Comment

This resistor needs to be moved from red to yellow position.
                                          If you cannot read after that, chip is locked. Just write extracted dump from bios update and it will be ok
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X