Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-C5262U failed, what is this code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-C5262U failed, what is this code?

Hi all,

I have a Sharp LC-C5262U that just quit on me after many years. The display and sound went out while watching a program. The power light stays on but the TV is unresponsive.

About 2 minutes after plugging it in, I get what I presume is an error code but I have yet to find out what this means. The Power and OPC LEDs blink together once, then the Power LED blinks twice more.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9p7pdfep4BjbekqE8

I found another post somewhere that referred to this as a "3-1" code, but it was for a different model TV and the symptoms seemed different.

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to try to diagnose what component is bad.

Thanks,
    Tom

Re: Sharp LC-C5262U failed, what is this code?

Try unplugging and then hold down vol- and channel+ while plugging back in and see what happens.

Comment

Thanks.

I don't notice any difference if I do that. How long should the vol- and ch+ buttons be held after plugging in?

I've got the back panel off and I can see a red LED on the mainboard. When I plug the TV in, there is a click and then that LED blinks once a second for 30 seconds, then another click and another 30 blinks, and two more cycles of this before the mainboard LED goes out and the front panel LEDs blink as I previously reported.

Comment

should come on pretty quick if its going to, maybe 15 seconds but it wont hurt to hold it longer, so the quick fix reset didn't work, will have to dig deeper, try unhook one ribbon cable at a time then power up, the cables go from tcon to panel, always do connecting and dis-connecting with power cord unplugged, to try to avoid any errant surges or such. can you post some good clear straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back as to see how everything is connected.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-20-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Try doing this:
          Hard Reset
          Step 1: Unplug the television.

Step 2: Press and hold the "Channel Down" and "Input" buttons on the panel.

Step 3: Plug the television back in while holding down these buttons. You may need the assistance of another person to accomplish this step.

Step 4: Keep holding the buttons until the television powers back on. If it doesn't work, unplug the television and try again--sometimes this process doesn't work on the first try.

Use the remote to navigate the "Service Mode" menu and select "Factory Reset" from the menu. Click "Enter" and the television will begin initializing and shut down. It will then power back on, set to factory defaults.

Comment

yep, channel down and input. And volume down and channel plus, one of those should work if it just needs a simple reset.

Comment

this seems to be an older ccfl tv, those panels go short a lot less than the led backlit tvs do.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-20-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Here you go.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-20-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

do you see a legend/map of expected voltages? might be by a connector or elsewhere on the powerboard.

Comment

No, I don't have any type of schematic or diagnostic guide yet. Hoping I can find one. I'm not getting any backlight, so perhaps the problem is related to the power supply board and its CCFL outputs.

Comment

I suspect your problem is on either one of the inverter boards or it could be a bad ccfl.
                          This tv is based on the LC-46D62U so download it's service manual
                          Last edited by R_J; 08-20-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

could be, guess the next easiest test is pull the covers off the inverter boards and test the fuses, they may have capacitors too, if so check them for leaking or bulging tops.

Comment

Thanks R_J for the link. That service manual covers model LC-52D62U and mine is LC-C5262U. Very similar but I wonder what the difference is.

If I'm reading the tables (bottom of page 6-17) as intended, they describe my error as this:

"Initial communication from the main CPU is not received. (After cancelling the reset, request for the monitor model No. is not received.) Communication line failure or main CPU start-up failure."

Comment

Here is the manual for that model, see the outline on page 1
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X