Samsung UN65MU8000FXZA Dead NO power NO standby light won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN65MU8000FXZA Dead NO power NO standby light won't turn on

Need pictures of whole back of tv and boards.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Here are photos of the TV with the back panel removed
      Close ups of the boards are in POST #8
      Attached Files

Comment

Probably has a t-con beneath the stand.

Comment

there is a small 1 inch x 3 inch circuit board that the flat ribbon cable goes into at the bottom of the TV. Does this function as the T-con? I think the Tcon is part of the main board on these.

Comment

Without good pictures. I don't know. Your asking about a board that is covered up.

Comment

Here are some close up shots of the small circuit boards that the flat cables run into near the bottom of the tv. The flat cables run from the MB to these 2 separate small boards.

I cleaned the ends of the ribbon cables with alcohol to see if that would get rid of the yellowish vertical lines and the half dark screen.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is like a strip show. Just get a little at a time. I suspect that the t-con is built into the 2 strips behind the metal shielding.

Comment

I would suspect that those might be T-con but someone else said that T-con is part of the MB on these TVs.

Either way, i haven't seen those 2 small circuit boards on any parts list so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Could the half and half screen be from the MB, the flat ribbon cables or those 2 tiny boards? There isn't much left beside a panel but all the backlights seem to work fine

Comment

T-CON is on main, check the cable is not damaged, the contact moldings are not displaced, it is better to look under a magnifying glass, whether the cable itself is well inserted and carefully examine the nearby components near the bottom connector of the capacitors, whether they are knocked down, compare with another board with two parties.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And if you are good friends with a soldering iron, then you can carefully solder from a new one to your non-working mainboard spi flash ic 1604, if you do not find a problem in this t-con.

Comment

Thank AGAIN Lotas
                        I'll check it

Comment

I finally got another replacement MB. Problem Solved.

So the first MB was DOA. The second powered up but had a bad T-con section on the board. Third time's a charm.

I might take the original board in to see what went wrong. But thank you for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by rgla View Post
                            I finally got another replacement MB. Problem Solved.

So the first MB was DOA. The second powered up but had a bad T-con section on the board. Third time's a charm.

I might take the original board in to see what went wrong. But thank you for all your help.
                            Where did you purchase the main board that worked? I have the same exact issue as you.

Comment

Sorry, have no time to read carefully all, i think you could have bought wrong main board in the picture of it you posted i see a double code sticker, BN94 is for the Audio-Video board part, BN97 is for the tcon/panel part, so must match both the original, last note, check your meter's batteries or replace meter because 96v doesn't exist also up on the moon...
                              Last edited by Davi.p; 08-17-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I have the same TV with the same initial issue after a power outage and purchased the same part. When plugged in my tv had no stand by light and the led's did not come on. I changed the main board and now the led's blink on and off, but show no picture. When the ribbons that go into the main board are detached the tv will blink 1 time and then go to a solid dim light on the screen with no picture. The company who sold me the main board is saying that the main board is good and and panel must be out. Please advise

Comment

thinking if your tv had this same issue with the half dim screen and a GOOD mainboard solved it, then they probably sent you a bad mainboard or it went bad in transport, unless it is a mismatch, check that the numbers on the stickers match.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-22-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

anyone have the firmware for UN55UM8500F IC1604
                                    drugstoreviewer.com

Comment

Working...
                                    X