Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55UM6910PUC black screen

Hi-
    Here is my story on the this tv. It was supposedly a lightning strike 55" they were just going to ditch because it was electrocuted. It was in such great shape I took it in for my own. I bought the repair kit for it from Shop Jimmy which included the power board, the mainboard and the wifi board. I am trying to determine if there is a additional problem or if Shop Jimmy sent me 1 bad board. So back to the story. When I got the TV, completely dead. Changed the power board no difference. Changed out the mainboard, all the LED's came up immediately and the TV started talking. "Press the OK button for..." So I flip it over and nothing on the screen, no LG splash just a little glow from the back lights. Press a button on the remote and the TV keeps talking so I have solid audio. So I am down to this. Is there another problem? Or bad main? I see there is a inverter or something similar buried in this under many screws but Shop Jimmy did not include that in their Kit, nor do the have it listed.

Thank you for any help = )

Re: LG 55UM6910PUC black screen

Pictures help. Please post pics of the back of the tv with cover off and close ups of all t he boards. ( old and new)

Comment

check tcon board voltages, the one buried, since you don't know how to do it, check at least on input fuse and on the inductors.. report here..

Comment

Thank you for the response here are several pictures. Two of the original boards, and 2 of the installed boards. If you need more, just ask. Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          check tcon board voltages, the one buried, since you don't know how to do it, check at least on input fuse and on the inductors.. report here..
          I am a computer tech with 20 years experience...I do own a multimeter but would not even begin know how to perform that check. Not something we really ever have to do in my trade.

Comment

Problem resolved. After posting the pictures storyteller asked for, I enlarged them and saw the ribbon cables were not properly seated. SMH. I apologize for wasting anyone's time

Comment

Working...
            X