Voxicon K550WDC2 no Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voxicon K550WDC2 no Backlight

Hi i have found this set and at first try it worked backlight and apparently everything .after 10 minutes i turned it off and switched to a better place this time nix no backlight only the blue pointer but when you turn it off the logo flashes and sometimes when you press the on button same thing.it is clear that it is backlight problem thought to test without opening it how do you do it?
    Attached Files

Re: Voxicon K550WDC2 no Backlight

Looks like 2 sets of leds. You would measure from the led + on each of led sets. Turn on tv and measure each one. for max. voltage. You will repeat for the second set.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Looks like 2 sets of leds. You would measure from the led + on each of led sets. Turn on tv and measure each one. for max. voltage. You will repeat for the second set.
      There are 4 cords black and red on one side and two white on the other how do I go about this please
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
        There are 4 cords black and red on one side and two white on the other how do I go about this please
        You need to take a better closer picture of the power supply board so I can see the wires from the transformer connections to the board make sure that it is in focus when enlarged thanks

Also if can take another picture of the same exact board but with the connectors on the right side of the board remove but be very careful not to break the connector pry the bottom of the connector on each corner do not pull on the wires to remove it

I need to see the writing on the board where the connectors are this is the reason for asking you to remove them so I can read it
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-20-2022, 04:40 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
          You need to take a better closer picture of the power supply board so I can see the wires from the transformer connections to the board make sure that it is in focus when enlarged thanks

Also if can take another picture of the same exact board but with the connectors on the right side of the board remove but be very careful not to break the connector pry the bottom of the connector on each corner do not pull on the wires to remove it

I need to see the writing on the board where the connectors are this is the reason for asking you to remove them so I can read it
          Hi I hope these pictures are good enough for you .the label is on the back as you can see
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like 2 led wires towards outside are positive. Need to monitor each one as you turn on tv and see what they go up to.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

its not rocket science, do the test as Dskall explained, then tell results.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys;115763it9
                its not rocket science, do the test as Dskall explained, then tell results.
                Certainly not but to test properly I wanted to know what the white wires are. There is a black one which should be -(Gnd) and a red one which in its turn should be+(current) and then the other white they are plus or minus?

Comment

Go ahead and put the pos. probe on all of them, neg probe on metal chassis, 2 of them should give about the same voltages, a good one usually goes up when first turned on then settle down to a certain voltage, according to your tv specs, they are sometimes written on the board, it wont hurt anything to put your probe on all of them tho.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                    Looks like 2 led wires towards outside are positive. Need to monitor each one as you turn on tv and see what they go up to.
                    i don't get anything from any wire when i press the on button versus i get a
                    gradual downgrade from 80v from the black/and last white wires. i have done a led test that gives the light on the left half (i sit behind tv) and if you remove the right ribbon from the Tcon i get the half left tv light (facing the tv) only when you press the off button otherwise black square. if you remove the left ribbon you get two stripes on the middle only on the off button otherwise black. led test made power plug unplugged in

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Comment

If you remove the flat ribbon between the t-con and the panel and half the panel lights up (white screen) the problem is not with the led's

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                        If you remove the flat ribbon between the t-con and the panel and half the panel lights up (white screen) the problem is not with the led's
                        No The half panel only lights up when you turn off the TV

Comment

No The half panel only lights up when you turn off the TV
                          How can half the panel light up if the tv is turned off? If you can see half the panel then the backlights must be on, if the backlights did not work, you would have a black screen.

Comment

How can half the panel light up if the tv is turned off? If you can see half the panel then the backlights must be on, if the backlights did not work, you would have a black screen.
                            Please if you have half the TV lit then it should be on all the time. but this one lights up right at shutdown

Comment

What is the voltage on the red wire going to the backlights when you turn the tv on, and then when you turn it off. You need to keep the meter connected to see what the voltage does. It should be around +200 volts then drop if there is a backlight error

Comment

What is the voltage on the red wire going to the backlights when you turn the tv on, and then when you turn it off. You need to keep the meter connected to see what the voltage does. It should be around +200 volts then drop if there is a backlight error
                                se post 11 please

Comment

se post 11 please
                                  i don't get anything from any wire when i press the on button versus i get a
                                  gradual downgrade from 80v/90v from the black/and last white wires

Comment

It looks like it is open or short in all that is red highlighted in the picture which should I loosen first to eliminate
                                    Attached Files

Comment

This TV is waiting to get a push forward I haven't been able to do anything due to illness now I'm on my way and want to see pictures on this screen.on this video he says it's better to make some change or an external backligth driver instead of changing the part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqkIYifdjU&t=1206s
                                      what do you think?

Comment

no one interested in helping out for this Tv

Comment

Working...
                                        X