Wii console won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii console won't connect

I just got a Wii from the local transfer station, it looks brand new with no signs of ever being used. I got it home and played games without problems. The problem I'm having is that when I try to connect with the wireless, it doesn't find any access points. Has anyone ran in to this before? I'm in a busy neighborhood, it should have picked up something.
    Appreciate any and all info!!

Re: Wii console won't connect

mind if i ask why your trying to use it?
    nintendo shut it's servers down afaik.

Comment

When I try to play a game, it says I need to update the player....

Comment

what firmware is installed?

Comment

Not sure, I know very little about these things, but I was excited to find this. I would like to get it going as best as I can for the house. The model number is RVL 001.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-LIM_o_i4I
            to find the firmware your running
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-26-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

you need to update it from an SD card,
              while your at it, you need to hack it to put your downloaded games on a usb harddrive!

http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/RevolutionInfo

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply's! I appreciate it. I'm running 4.3, looks like 4.4 is out there, I'll find it and put it on the sd card and try and run it from there?

Thanks again

Comment

not to my knowlege it's not - 4.3 was the final.
                  it could be looking for something else though.
                  what game is it?

Comment

It got interesting, while I was fooling around with it, it asked me to update firmware, I said no at first because I knew it wasn't connect to my network. Then, I said screw it, I clicked yes to the update. The latest firmware must have been on the game disk. It then proceeded to perform the firmware update. Maybe it's all set? It just bugged me that the WIFI was dead. It was a cheap Mario brothers disk. I bought it for $20 just to see if the system worked.
                    I really know nothing about the game stuff, I want to learn more. I have a stupid question, it seems that when I loaded the game, it installed some apps or websites that I could click on if I was on the internet; are these still valid? That's what makes me want to figure out the WIFI issue. When I loaded the game, it installed an Internet Explorer (there version), it would be nice to surf the web on my not so smart TV! Thanks for listening

Comment

well you can install an exploit called "the homebrew channel" and then a loader.

at that point, you can download games to a usb harddrive and run them from it.
                      you can also rip gamedisks to the harddrive.

Comment

in post 1 you say it cant find any wireless network points does this include your own internet? as ive read some times the routers etc can not be picked up by the wii i know you can also get Wii LAN Adapter to a USB port for the wii too so maybe a option i guess.

homebrew channel guide
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m70dCXkn1CE
                        Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-27-2016, 05:11 AM.

Comment

It doesn't find any Wifi's at all. I was tempted to tear it down and see if a wire came off or if the wifi card had somehow popped off the mother board. I see some LAN cables on EBAY that say they will work for the wii. For 10 bucks, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Comment

i think if the wifi board comes off, the console wont boot.
                            it's 802-11B btw, it wont find or connect to a router running in N or AC mode.

Comment

Thanks stj I appreciate your responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X