Hp probook 440 G5 - black screen after windows bios flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp probook 440 G5 - black screen after windows bios flash

Hi. I need some help. I got a HP probook 440 G5 notebook for repair. The windows made a bios update, the it didn't start, just black screen. I tried to reflash the bios with an external eeprom writer, but no success. I tried the factory provided Q85 bios, all the bios i found on this site, i also tried to flash the 430 g5 bios too. Please help what else should i try.
    Thanks

Re: Hp probook 440 G5 - black screen after windows bios flash

Originally posted by Iampityu View Post
    Hi. I need some help. I got a HP probook 440 G5 notebook for repair. The windows made a bios update, the it didn't start, just black screen. I tried to reflash the bios with an external eeprom writer, but no success. I tried the factory provided Q85 bios, all the bios i found on this site, i also tried to flash the 430 g5 bios too. Please help what else should i try.
    Thanks
    Post your original bios backup or the corrupt one if you have it.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sry, i don't have the original bios image. Any other idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Iampityu View Post
        Sry, i don't have the original bios image. Any other idea?
        try..
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I tried it but no success... The capslock lights up for 2 sec, the charging port led blinks 3 white short, 1 long amber, 3 white short. I tried to reseat the memory, and other modules. I think its a bios issue, it charges the battery, and i got 3.3 on the power button, and 5v is ok too.

The board number is DA0X8BMB6G0 rev. G.

Comment

try this dear.
            Attached Files

Comment

If i write this image, then the led at the dc jack blinks short whites and a long amber. Still not working, please help. I can't understand why the factory image won't work.

Comment

I got a similar notebook and save the bios image. I wrote to the original notebook and still the same problem. I can read back the image from the eprom, it works fine but the notebook still won't power up. The another notebook done the same update to the version 1.14.. I just catch a glimpse of the flash and it made a type c controller ic frimware update... Maybe it could be the case with the original one, that it fked up the usb controller update???

Comment

Would you try this one?
                  Attached Files

Comment

HP ProBook 440 G5 DA0X8BMB6F0 REV F

i have hp 440 g5, no display issue, fan ok and all voltages okay... when i try dumps from internet only blinking charger light .. can someone fix it for me
                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP ProBook 440 G5 DA0X8BMB6F0 REV F

try
                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP ProBook 440 G5 DA0X8BMB6F0 REV F

still no display.. caps and num lock blinking 5 times
                        Last edited by andrew25; 06-12-2021, 04:49 AM.

Comment

i have same issue any one give idea

Comment

Originally posted by iampityu View Post
                            hi. I need some help. I got a hp probook 440 g5 notebook for repair. The windows made a bios update, the it didn't start, just black screen. I tried to reflash the bios with an external eeprom writer, but no success. I tried the factory provided q85 bios, all the bios i found on this site, i also tried to flash the 430 g5 bios too. Please help what else should i try.
                            Thanks
                            try this firm
                            Attached Files

Comment

Help lock by password, tried HPUnlocker but dont work
                              Power-on authentication password
                              S/N #5CD7386756
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paimz87 View Post
                                S/N #5CD7386756
                                try..
                                Attached Files
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by paimz87 View Post
                                  S/N #5CD7386756
                                  Here's your Unlocked file, it's Created by RCUnlocker.
                                  Attached Files
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                  all donations are welcome,
                                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                  >>>>>
                                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thank You guys

Comment

HP Probook 440 G5 Fix Corrupt BiOS

Hi all,

I have an HP Probook 440 G5 with a corrupted BIOS, 2 short beeps and 2 long beeps when turning on.
                                      I leave the corrupted file attached if someone could please fix it for me.

Laptop details are:

HP Probook 440 G5
                                      S/N: 5CD751CMPK
                                      Motherboard Model: DA0X8BMB6F0

Thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all. HP 440 G5.
                                        Laptop without memory - beeps that there is no memory. Inserted memory. Black screen and nothing. Then the cooler starts making noise. I'm guessing the BIOS is damaged. Can you help? Thank you.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
                                          Vesko356 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Read the rules before posting
                                          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                                          • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
                                      Working...
                                      X