X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo E590 no boot

Hi all.

i need some help.

My Boss gave me a brand new never used Lenovo E590 that was lying around for a year or 2.

I unboxed it and it won´t boot, the power led flashes a few times and then it switches off.

I opened the laptop, disconnected the battery and the bios battery, shorted the pins of bios battery and put all together again.....still no boot.

The notebook is out of warranty and so i flashed the bios with the dump from another E590. Laptop now boots but shows error message:

0271: Check Date and Time settings.
    0183: Bad CRC of Security Settings in EFI variable.

Press F1 to enter Setup.

When I press "Enter" the bios wants a password that has never been set.

Before flashing i made a dump of the Original defective bios, just in case.

How can I get this running again?

thanks for any help

regards
    regi
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo E590 no boot

nobody here who has an idea how to fix the bios?

Comment

Post the bios that has the password, I'll see if I can patch it for you. Or you can patch it yourself, look here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588
      Last edited by Mazorca; 04-08-2021, 07:59 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

thank you so much

here ist the file
        Attached Files

Comment

Try this and report back, follow instructions, don't dispair if you get beeps, try resoldering or making a good connection.
          Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to add in the instructions, look for any switches, they must be pressed when doing the unlock. Usually they are pressed when the backplate or bottom cover is on, so if you just put the cover back, you are good to go.

Comment

ok, i´ll give it a try this afternoon.
              thank you very much

Comment

ok, that doesn´t work.
                when i power on i get no picture, only a sound with changing frequencies and thats it.

forgotten: with back cover on and off
                Last edited by regi; 04-09-2021, 11:05 PM. Reason: getting old :)

Comment

@regi
                  first things first... Which programmer model do you use?
                  I've checked this ThinkPad E590 bios and although it's a 9th Generation model, seems it can be patched as in the 4th to 8th Generation ThinkPad models.

Comment

i have a ch341a black edition, with this programmer i wrote the bios as mentioned in my first post but at boot it wanted a password which was never set. the programmer seems to work.......i think

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                      I forgot to add in the instructions, look for any switches, they must be pressed when doing the unlock. Usually they are pressed when the backplate or bottom cover is on, so if you just put the cover back, you are good to go.
                      is there such a swicth inthe E590 mobo?

I looked but can't see any of them: mind you they can be very tiny

Comment

Hi, do you have a solution with this one? I have done (bad) flash on my e590 and it stopped(Waited 1 hour but never finished the flash). I turned the laptop off and now I have the 0285 (TCG error) sound. With CH341 black and NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.8 I dumped my bios, tried to flash another bios from internet (no success) and returned to my original bad bios dump.. Please can you help?...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by logobg View Post
                          Hi, do you have a solution with this one? I have done (bad) flash on my e590 and it stopped(Waited 1 hour but never finished the flash). I turned the laptop off and now I have the 0285 (TCG error) sound. With CH341 black and NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.8 I dumped my bios, tried to flash another bios from internet (no success) and returned to my original bad bios dump.. Please can you help?...
                          What is your machine type ? ThinkPad E590 (Machine types: 20NB, 20NC) ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                            What is your machine type ? ThinkPad E590 (Machine types: 20NB, 20NC) ?
                            Thank you for the quick reply! It is 20NB-005HGE

MB:
                            FE490/FE590/FE480 NM-B911
                            Rev:2.0
                            2019-01-17
                            Vendor:HSB

Comment

thank you for the quick reply! It is 20nb-005hge

mb:
                              Fe490/fe590/fe480 nm-b911
                              rev:2.0
                              2019-01-17
                              vendor:hsb
                              Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

This is it!!!! It worked!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I tried so many thins for days and didn't worked. If it is not to much to ask, can you teach me a little if this happen in the future, what can i do to do it myself? Tank you once again!!!

Comment

This is it!!!! It worked!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                  I tried so many thins for days and didn't worked. If it is not to much to ask, can you teach me a little if this happen in the future, what can i do to do it myself? Tank you once again!!!
                                  I have consulted how to do it from many video sources on youtube in both Vietnamese and foreign languages, so I don't know where the instructions are. The keyword I set is: “How to extract bios .bin file from .exe file". Also learn about decimal, binary and hexadecimal strings.

Comment

I have consulted how to do it from many video sources on youtube in both Vietnamese and foreign languages, so I don't know where the instructions are. The keyword I set is: “How to extract bios .bin file from .exe file". Also learn about decimal, binary and hexadecimal strings.
                                    Ok I'll check this! Thank you again!

Comment

i need bios for laptop lenovo thinkbad e590

i need bios for laptop lenovo thinkbad e590 to solve this problem and this my dump plz help
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: i need bios for laptop lenovo thinkbad e590

Your serial number ?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by hoaca388; 05-11-2022, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X