Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lenovo miix 520-12IKB

Hi,

I managed to upload the file to another person who helped me to retrieve the admin password.

Thank you for all of your help.

Comment

Re: lenovo miix 520-12IKB BIOS Password

I have 10 Lenovo MIIX 520-12IKB and the BIOS password I have isn't working. All the machines did and should have the same BIOS password. I have uploaded the bin file I saved from one of the machines and I hope if that password can be found it will work on the other ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more information is needed, please let me know. Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

@MrMike25, good luck!
        password = OABPWD4W10
        --------
        O - OSCAR ( UPPERCASE )
        A - ALFA ( UPPERCASE )
        B - BRAVO ( UPPERCASE )
        P - PAPA ( UPPERCASE )
        W - WHISKY ( UPPERCASE )
        D - DELTA ( UPPERCASE )
        4 - 4 ( digit )
        W - WHISKY ( UPPERCASE )
        1 - 1 ( digit )
        0 - zero ( digit )
        --------

Comment

AAAC, you're awesome! Thank you so much!! It worked on 7 of them but 3 it did not. I hope you can help on the last three. They should be the same as the other ones but weren't so who knows. I uploaded the bin files hoping you might be able to get the password for the last three. Thank you again for all your help!!
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-24-2022, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMike25 View Post
            AAAC, you're awesome! Thank you so much!! It worked on 7 of them but 3 it did not. I hope you can help on the last three. They should be the same as the other ones but weren't so who knows. I uploaded the bin files hoping you might be able to get the password for the last three. Thank you again for all your help!!
            You can unlock them yourself using a hex editor. The offset is in the picture,the highlighted area is a keyboard scancode. 30 = B ,and so on.

https://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-1.html
            https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/bl...KeyBoard.c#L36
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-24-2022, 06:20 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

SMDFlea, Thank you for sending the information. This is great information and I will need it in the future for sure.
              I think I'm confused because this Lenovo doesn't let me use upper case or special characters. The password which was provided earlier only worked when I used lower case because upper case doesn't show anything is being typed. Does 30 = B as in I need to look at the upper case line? If that is the case then the special characters will not work.
              So, from the scan code and the hex editor I get BPWD410M10H (looking at the Keyboard scan code under key then the left side example 02 = 1 not !) but it doesn't work. Also, the 6D gets me confused because it's not in the scan code area so I looked over under normal and saw it says M.
              BTW, yes all the last three have the same 30 19 11 20 05 02 0B 6D 02 0B code under 00201000.
              Last edited by MrMike25; 03-24-2022, 05:04 AM.

Comment

SMDFlea, I finally got it! I needed to stop at the 6d so the password was BPWD410, just the first 7 and not the entire line. Anyway, thank you for all your help!

Comment

That was very useful, is there anywhere on the site that shows where the offset is for other makes/models?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by croccomp View Post
                    That was very useful, is there anywhere on the site that shows where the offset is for other makes/models?

Cheers
                    @croccomp
                    The script in scan mode finds the first instance of the encoder, that's the reason.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-21-2022, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Hi, bit of a noob is there a thread that shows how to do that?

Comment

I read trough this whole thread and i am confused as how to read the BIOS chip so i can extract the password from it, I juat bought a new motherboard for my MIIX 520 20M3 and despite that the bios password is still here.

Comment

Originally posted by qb92353 View Post
                          I read trough this whole thread and i am confused as how to read the BIOS chip so i can extract the password from it, I juat bought a new motherboard for my MIIX 520 20M3 and despite that the bios password is still here.
                          That device is called a Programmer. Do a google search on how to use it and there are many brands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

to read the bios chip you will need an SPI programmer ... and in the contents of the bios chip the password is deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                              to read the bios chip you will need an SPI programmer ... and in the contents of the bios chip the password is deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                              Where do I find the BIOS chip on the motherboard? I've been searching for a while but i cannot seem to find it and i thought about getting one of those programmers but now I will since i need it for this.

Comment

Where do I find the BIOS chip on the motherboard? I've been searching for a while but i cannot seem to find it and i thought about getting one of those programmers but now I will since i need it for this.
                                we don't know all the boards either ... post clear pictures with the motherboard on both sides ...
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

we don't know all the boards either ... post clear pictures with the motherboard on both sides ...
                                  I have two motherboards they are identical, this one is a broken one I use for testing aince its easier than opening my laptop and taking it apart every time
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I have two motherboards they are identical, this one is a broken one I use for testing aince its easier than opening my laptop and taking it apart every time
                                    u3002 .. to the right of the processor in the first photo

Comment

u3002 .. to the right of the processor in the first photo
                                      Found it! Mersii now i can get the BIOS programmer so i can read whats on it.

Comment

Found it! Mersii now i can get the BIOS programmer so i can read whats on it.
                                        at post # 34 then sent a video ... watch it and after the decision to buy a programmer ..

Comment

Hello
                                          I have a problem with the password for the Miix 520. I am asking for help with reading the password. Thank you in advance for your help and best regards .
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X