Windows login/file server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows login/file server

I know this is possible and i could figure it out if i tried but id rather have some insight first. My school and library both have fast PCs and Macs but the login servers and file servers they connect to run on a pentium 3 so logging in, accessing, and moving files is 90's slow. I have a dual quad-core 2.3 GHz no-name brand server that runs server 2003 and i want to be able to login to it and access files remotely at school and at the library. All computers have an option to switch login domain at login splash screen. Id have about 1-10 people accessing it.

Specs:
    4 500GB HDDs
    2x Xeon Quad Core 2.3 GHz
    16GB RAM
    Windows Server 2003 newest SP
    My internet: 105MB/s down 40MB/s up COMCAST BRANDFORD
    Schools internet: 60MB/s down 56MB/s up State of Connecticut
    I have salvaged and fixed 18 TVs (1 DLP), 22 LCD monitors, 8 stereos, network stuff, and more laptops and computers than i can count.

Service Menu/Factory Reset Codes for TVs
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Re: Windows login/file server

You have to be admin on the computer then add it to the domain. I don't think you.can do it on the fly. But what exactly is your question?

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
      You have to be admin on the computer then add it to the domain. I don't think you.can do it on the fly. But what exactly is your question?
      i can add the domain, i want to make it.
      I have salvaged and fixed 18 TVs (1 DLP), 22 LCD monitors, 8 stereos, network stuff, and more laptops and computers than i can count.

Service Menu/Factory Reset Codes for TVs
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Do you work at the school in the IT department or are you a student there?
        If you're just a student there I would give up on your idea right now.

Comment

Yes if you're in the IT department you can achieve this easily, otherwise no.

Comment

Working...
          X