LG 43UM6910PUA backlight on, but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 43UM6910PUA backlight on, but no picture

This thread helped me fix a LG LG 43UM7000PLA with the same fault. I have attached pics in case it can help someone else...

I got a perfect picture blocking the first 13 pins on the RIGHT LVDS cable.

Please note the cable is labelled LEFT as the LCD is mounted upside down in the chassis.

BLocking just the shorted pin which was 12 or 13 I think brought back the image but it was unstable at times with different results.

Only blocking all 13 could I get a perfect picture.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Excellent!!!

Comment

You are absolutely god!!!!

Comment

Men this was so accurate! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Can anyone speak to which pins (or the minimum number) on a LVDS cable are absolutely vital to getting any picture at all?

Comment

If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it!!! Used the 13pin taping on a 43um7000pla and everything went back to normal. I don't understand which signals are blocked but this seems of minor importance... Thanks for the assistance

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

I have the same problem, I managed to get a picture by blocking 4 or 5 pins, but the problem reappears after a week, do you think I should isolate more pins or what else could cause this?

Comment

I have this model tv. Great tv with an amazing picture. I think I've had it for under 2 years now and it just died on me. Sounds like the same symptoms here.

Tv turns on, no picture but backlight is obviously on, sound, and I can actually switch between HDMI sources.

I joined up because I am going to try and fix it. Hopefully the tape trick well work. I just need the time, space, and energy to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Valmont View Post
                        I have this model tv. Great tv with an amazing picture. I think I've had it for under 2 years now and it just died on me. Sounds like the same symptoms here.

Tv turns on, no picture but backlight is obviously on, sound, and I can actually switch between HDMI sources.

I joined up because I am going to try and fix it. Hopefully the tape trick well work. I just need the time, space, and energy to give it a try.
                        I wanted to add some things and I can't seem to edit my post.

1 It's possible that my tv was displaying signs of an impending hardware issue for the last year or so but I just chalked it up to electronics being slow sometimes.

There was a few occasions where I would turn on the TV and it would take like a minute to get a picture whereas it normally came on pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                        X