Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to safely handle a 75inch LCD panel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to safely handle a 75inch LCD panel ?

Hello,

I have a Sony KD75XD8505, 75 inch edge-lit tv to repair, unfortunately one of the LED strip was damaged by liquid so I need to open it, but I'm affraid to break the panel since it's so big...

I can do 55 or even 58 inch alone, by slowly sliding a big piece of cardboard (covered with cloth) under the panel, same for 65 inch but need another person to help.

I've seen suction cups mounted on a rigid chassis but it's not cheap!

What is your technique to safely move such big panels ?

Re: How to safely handle a 75inch LCD panel ?

I prefer to use a good set of suction cups for all sizes vs sliding anything underneath and risk scratching the back of the panel. Tolsen makes the perfect set because they give you plenty of hold power without worrying about too much suction and damaging the panel. Here in the States you can get them from shopjimmy.com ($17.49USD) per set plus shipping. Some panels will have a thin layer of adhesive two way tape holding the panel down so use a playing card to run around the edges and where there is adhesive leave the card in place so it won't re-adhere. Unlatch the suction cups once you have the panel pulled while your working on the led replacement to release the pressure and relatch when your ready to re-install. You can find some good video's on YouTube and also on shopjimmy.com on how this is done. Good luck and take your time.
    Attached Files

Comment

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=suction%20cup

Comment

How much to ship to France is anyone's guess.

Comment

I don't have enough contiguous space in the lab to take in something that size for repair, if space was not an issue I would probably construct a flip / roll over jig.

Comment

We had to change our backlight repair policy to see if we can safely pull the new Samsung Qled panels with the Bezeless design due to the panel being held in with adhesive strips like Sony likes to do. The minute Yuppie Scum goes to mount that Tv over his FIREPLACE with a ambient temperature about 100 degree F or more he'll see that panel adhesive give way and start bowing like this fool. When I saw that I refused the repair and ran as fast as I could. We won't do backlight repairs on any Tv that does not have a bezel to hold the panel in. Look at the angle this fool had on this Tv and with that much heat I'm surprised the panel is not sitting on his floor by now. 2 year old Tv. I feel sorry for him cause Samsung wouldn't do anything for him. I suggested to put it back on the stand and find a different location. I never recommend putting any Tv over a fireplace. But that's the way Yuppie Scum is designing these new Preppy Homes nowadays. Pitiful
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X