Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio main board conversion (E60-C3 to D650i-C3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio main board conversion (E60-C3 to D650i-C3)

I have Vizio D650i-C3 with bad main board.
    I tried to revive it with reflow, but it lasted very short time and finaly died completely.
    These boards are very rare and obviously quite expensive.
    I did some research and found that the one from E60-C3 is quite cheap and looks identical except 4 mosfets for LEDs are missing.
    So I took a chance and bought it.
    TV powered up with it, but video bits are messed up, nevertheless the text is readable.
    I accessed factory menu, but there was nothing useful.

What is the next step to try?
    There is no EEPROM, so swapping flash memory is the only thing I could think of.
    If anyone has experience with these, please let me know.

Link to shopjimmy picture of PCB:
    https://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-y838...-for-d650i-c3/

Re: Vizio main board conversion (E60-C3 to D650i-C3)

Although I never recommend using a different main from a different model since they are designed to be used with a particular tcon and panel especially on a customer's Tv but if it's your own it's a risk but you might get results, just not what your expecting. My guess is the BIT setting may be different in the service menu. Just make sure you write down the current setting in case you need to change it back. Could be 6, 8, or 10 BIT. Good luck.

Comment

Brucetv, thanks for advice, I agree, but there is no such setting to change number of bits.
      In the meantime, I found MT5580 chip on Aliexpress and ordered it. I will try to swap it in the original board.

Comment

Swapping MT5580 didn't work or maybe I didn't do it right or maybe the problem is elsewhere.
        I am thinking of doing memory dump from original board and programming it into donor board.
        What I've learned so far, the flash memory is eMMC type, Toshiba THGBM5G5A1JBAIR
        I am still trying to figure out connections and what programmer to use, just want to know if anybody has some experience with Vizios or similar.

Comment

Working...
        X