Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung QLED TV disassembly....impossible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung QLED TV disassembly....impossible?

Has anyone in here figured out a way to remove a screen from a Samsung QLED TV without it getting tore up? I've got one here that needs backlights...but the screen appears to be bonded to the chassis.

Thank you everyone!
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Samsung QLED TV disassembly....impossible?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24661

What model TV is it?

T

Comment

Sorry about that....I shoulda known to post the model number.

QN55Q6FNAFXZA

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83293

This post gives a hint towards the construction of the TV, probably glued really strongly on the top and bottom

Comment

Well that will teach us techs to fix someone's Samsung QLED TV. The days of these types of repairs are growing short.

Thanks a lot....Samsung

Comment

I found how to remove the panel, anyone attempting I wish the best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLXL4NcH28

Comment

Samsung quality has really gone down hill since the MU series and and the newer models are designed to fail prematurely and engineered to make it harder to repair even for seasoned technicians. The video is a panel repair facility with very expensive panel repair laser soldering machines that are not at our disposal but it does give you a example on how panels can be repaired when tab bonds are damaged. On the bezeless designed tv's the bottom of the panel fits down into a thin bezel and the other 3 sides use a wide strip of 3M two way adhesive to hold the panel down to the chassis. Even though it looks nice it's a recipe for disaster. Welcome to the world of todays Samsung engineering. MU series=bad panels...NU series=could be a array of poor quality problems. RU and TU series=usually bad backlights or poor quality power supplies and mains, as well as more shorts on the panel driver boards. QN series use surge happy power supplies, mains, cheap backlights and more panel driver shorts. Heaven help you if you have any backlight problem on the new NEO led Tv's after your warranty is up. And now they are admitting to the use of a Tv Blocker App secretly embedded onto your software where they can remotely brick your tv whenever they want. Do you really trust them to use it responsibly? A look at Samsung's reputation for being corrupt is a hint. Buyer beware and for all those that have newer Samsung's keep Auto Update off on software version updates. It's a shame because they have nice picture quality but designed to fail in 2 to 3 years now. Shameful. Charge more on QN series backlight repairs and I usually turn them down now. I'm too old for that mess.

Comment

Looks like only phones, SSDs and RAM from Samsung now!

I got two defective Samsung NU6900 series TVs in-a-row!
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                X