Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony EX-2N chassis flash problem, Sony bulletin 12TV026.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony EX-2N chassis flash problem, Sony bulletin 12TV026.

I’d like to talk about a very specific failure affecting Sony Bravia LCD TV with chassis EX-2N. This is the model list:

KDL-37S5500
    KDL-40S5500
    KDL-37P5500
    KDL-40P5500
    KDL-32S5600
    KDL-37S5600
    KDL-40S5600
    KDL-32P5600
    KDL-37P5600
    KDL-40P5600
    KDL-32P3600
    KDL-37P3600
    KDL-40P3600

The symptom is clear: plug the TV, it goes to green LED, nothing happens on screen, and after about 30-35 seconds, a relay double-clicks and the cycle starts again, forever.

This problem occurrence peaked on 2012, and it was supposed to happen due to firmware bug triggered by a specific DVBt emission. After that year, almost no more cases (in my Spain area). In recent years, I’ve encountered a few cases, perhaps related to Flash corruption for similar or other reasons.

Good news are that if your TV is one of listed above and it shows described symtom, it has good chances of being repaired without even opening the TV, by just applying steps described in Sony bulletin 12TV026. Bad news are that you’ll need Sony TL3 proprietary jig, which is not available for sale. Then, there’s no other choice than replace NAND Flash with one properly programmed for required model (IC4701).

After applying 12TV026 bulletin, a firmware upgrade to 5.167 is required. And that’s all!

I’m the lucky owner of a TL3 and I’m able to fix these, as long as they have no other problems or flash wear problem.

I’ve attached original 12TV026 bulletin describing the recovery process. I also attach a terminal log file of a KDL-40S5600 affected by this issue, before recovering. The log is taken through TL3 jig and terminal software. I don’t attach boot files because they’re more than 150MB.

What’s the point of this thread? Perhaps to unify in a single topic all flash problems related to listed models. Perhaps someone can offer pre-programmed Flash ICs for these models. Or an open alternative to TL3 jig? It doesn’t look very complex to me, a FTDI 232-to-USB IC, 4 switches and a few more small ICs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chungalin; 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM.

Re: Sony EX-2N chassis flash problem, Sony bulletin 12TV026.

So to be clear, this problem is just for the listed 2009 Sony Bravia model's released in Europe?

Comment

Yes, just those models. I don’t know geographic details.

Comment

The problem is for all model from 2007-2009 with NEC scaler.
        The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

Or an open alternative to TL3 jig? It doesn't look very complex to me, a FTDI 232-to-USB IC, 4 switches and a few more small ICs.[/QUOTE]

hi
          i have one KDL-37P5600 with the same problem, only green led and after 30 seconds lights off and repeat the process.
          can you explain me how to make the alternative to TL3?
          thanks

Comment

I didn't say I know how to do it. I just said that TL3 doesn't look very complex. In your case, if you just need to repair one unit, it'll be cheaper if you find someone that sells a pre-loaded flash IC for this model. You'll need good soldering skills to replace a TSOP-48 IC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chungalin View Post
              I didn't say I know how to do it. I just said that TL3 doesn't look very complex. In your case, if you just need to repair one unit, it'll be cheaper if you find someone that sells a pre-loaded flash IC for this model. You'll need good soldering skills to replace a TSOP-48 IC.
              hi
              do you know someone selling that part in spain?
              thanks

Comment

I’ve found this service workshop in Alicante that can help you:

http://www.serviciotecnicolosangeles...g/?id=555f2myw

Comment

Hi and merry christmas! I got one of those sony models the KDL40S5600 with these exactly symptoms. After power connection the green light stay on, no power on and the power relay click's after 30sec. I all ready changed the power board but the problem it still there. Today i read this post and i got still hope to repair this TV. Is it any possibility to find any TL3 jig? I am sure i will need and the boot file for load it at TV. Any help please?

Comment

Hi,
                    I have the same problem at KDL-37P3600 with these exactly symptoms, There is some at Italy that selling a pre-load flash IC?

Thanks a lot,
                    Cicosnef
                    Last edited by Cicosnef; 01-06-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Yes, there is this one :
                      https://www.ebay.it/itm/324077326326...m=324077326326

Comment

I found a KDL-37P3600 that has image problems (the screen looks pixelated). Could this also be fixed by software? A YouTuber shows that by entering the maintenance menu you could switch to a different image source, but I think it will need a new TCON.

Comment

Working...
                        X