Vizio E600i-B3 turning off by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E600i-B3 turning off by itself

Have owned our Vizio 60 inch for just over a year. Just the other night it turned off by itself and now will turn off within 10 seconds of being turned on.

Vizio was no help of course and it's just out of Warranty. Anything I can do?

Re: Vizio E600i-B3 turning off by itself

needs a new power supply, becomes weak and power cycles. $20 on eBay

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8DcqCNG4A Power supply testing video. USE CAUTION WHENEVER TESTING HOT SIDE OF POWER SUPPLY CAN BE DEADLY.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I have one doing the same thing, turning off after a few seconds. Does anyone know if bad backlights can cause shut down in this model, or is the problem most likely the power supply? And if it's the power supply, bad caps or something I can easily change myself, or better to just get a new board? I have a backlight tester at home and this TV is at my work. Wondering if I should start probing the power supply or wait til Monday and test the backlights first? We have a few of this model hanging in the bar room. A couple years ago, I replaced all the LED strips in the other one because the picture had a lot of dark spots, but it didn't cause shut down issues.

Comment

Working...
        X