Samsung QLED Q60R constant reboot issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung QLED Q60R constant reboot issue

I have a Samsung QLED Q60R tv model QN55Q60RAFXZA version AA02.
    As soon as I plug it in, it powers up and shows "SAMSUNG QLED TV" on the screen and the screen goes dark and I hear a little musical jingle but from that point, it reboots and starts the whole process over again. It wouldn't respond to any input from the remote.

I ordered the repair kit for it, sj-KIT-QN55Q60RAFXZA-K2, from ShopJimmy and just got through installing the main board and power supply boards with all of the cables that came with it and I'm still getting the same result. What do you recommend I do from this point? I'm not sure what's wrong.

The funny thing I installed the original boards and the last time I plugged it in, the tv actually responded to the remote but there was no picture but a backlight. The screen would dim when I would press different buttons but no picture. Very peculiar behaviour.

I did test the voltages coming out of the original power board pins and they all matched the voltages silkscreened onto the board within a few points.
    Last edited by MisterMystery; 06-15-2021, 08:40 PM.

Re: Samsung QLED Q60R constant reboot issue

Probably a defect in the display, more common with Samsung with the 2 wide LVDS cables, sometimes repairable.

Comment

Hi, it looks like EEPROM chip on main board is either bad or the software is corrupt. Check the EEPROM datasheet and test it. It could be helpful.

Comment

I appreciate both of your responses. Instead of looking at the EEPROM, would it not be easier to replace the entire board? That's what I did by ordering the kit. It came with the power board, main board, and cables and it still didn't fix the problem.
        As far as the display, why is it that I can still see the logo when it boots up if the display is faulty? And is it practical to replace components on the display? I did look into just replacing the entire screen and it's not available anymore and it's also over $500 which at that point I'm just going to buy another tv.

Comment

With todays Samsung's it could be a short in the backlight's, lower panel driver boards, and a short in the Main board. We see very few problems with their power supply's except with the exception of a half dozen models. I unhook the main first and see if the backlights stay up. If they do I probe the main, look for optical, and then start unhooking ribbon cables. With alot of them that did away with tcon boards we find a ton of shorted caps, , resistors, and diodes. Sucks Samsung!

Comment

brucetv, this is a Qled, so i guess theere is an entire Full hd screen of leds behind lcd screen as a backlight source.. i don't think the troubleshooting of normal backlight is suitable, each led is single way controlled by a special high density chip.

Comment

did the tv stay on when you put the original boards back in?

Comment

Like i have said nothing, qled are normal backlight sorry

Comment

this QN55Q60RAFXZA was rebooting.
                  backlights stayed on when power cable to main was disconnected.
                  i reconnected the cable.
                  pulled ldvs cables... set stayed on.
                  turned up volume... had sound.
                  remote turned the set on and off normally.
                  tried each ldvs cable one at a time... set stayed on.

reconnected both ldvs.. set reboots.

i removed panel circuit board cover and let it run with both ldvs cables connected.

felt around the boards until i burnt my finger.
                  found diode pack hot.
                  removed two hot diode packs.. restored the tv to a working state.
                  they are very tiny
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good job.. now it would be important to replace them, them are protection tvs diodes, them has at least more or less 40-50v rating because them are to protect clock signals i guess, normally clock signals have peaks of vgl to vgh so about -7 to 30v.

Comment

what were the markings on those diodes or url with order info. This old fart can barely see these with the scopes help. Did you get them at Mouser or Digikey? thx

Comment

Good day,
                        I have the same problem with Samsung TV QE55QE64ERAL .
                        the tv does turn on then the logo (QLED SAMSUNG) appears then it turns off.
                        The diodes don't get hot for me.
                        What could be the problem ?
                        thanks

Comment

Thank you! Removing the two diodes worked for me on my qn65q80raf! First I removed the d002 with no change, then I removed d001 and the TV began functioning properly.

Comment

Uhoh, now I notice very faint black horizontal lines on the entire panel. Not terrible but noticeable. Any idea of where I can find replacement diodes?

Comment

I managed to resolve the ‘fixed horizontal lines’ by putting a half inch piece of tape on part of the panel led ribbon. This video helped me although it’s not exactly the same issue. Good luck future readers.

https://youtu.be/XCJAx92JwPs

Comment

Good to hear, with the tape cutoff method working, I wonder if you could put those chips back in place, some report that they are needed, I'm not sure, haven't run across this issue myself??

Comment

Originally posted by jneupauer@sbcglobal.net View Post
                                  tried each ldvs cable one at a time... set stayed on.

reconnected both ldvs.. set reboots.
                                  Hey! I got exactly the same weird issue with my QLED. Tommorow i will check if my diodes are gettin hot. Did You left Your set without or did U replace them with new ones? Is Your TV working fine now?

Comment

Hi any resolve to this issue. I have the exact QLED Q60R TV. the same area gets warm when both lower boards are connected, when either one side or the other is connected the back lighting stay on and the area stays cool. like an over load with both connected.

Comment

probably those diode packs, could try the method in post #15, maybe someone can verify HOW warm the diode packs get on a normal functioning tv.

Comment

I had the same issue with my set, 55" QN55Q6DRAFXZC. It would show the samsung logo and reboot. In my experience with bad panels if the LCD had an internal short usually it wouldn't display a logo so i suspected something else was up. I whipped out the thermal camera and discovered d001 was getting toasty (140c+) and under the microscope you could see factory flux black and bubling out from under the chip. Simply knocked off the diode pack with a blob of solder on my iron and TV is back to 100%.

Diode number is 4262H

Comment

Working...
                                        X