samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

I have a Samsung ue55nu7021k that has working backlights but has a dark blank screen..

I've tried a couple of different boards from a friend without success, however, one of the boards produced the Samsung Smart logo on the screen so I'm guessing it's the main board that's at fault, is there anything I could try to repair the board or is it a case of buying a new one ?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

If you got the Samsung logo to come up does it go any farther after that or just freeze at the logo?

Comment

Are you female? Do you hear sound? if you hear maybe there's a fault in the tcon section of your mainboard , but i don't know if you are familiar with electronic inspections..

Comment

Hi, wondering if anyone can help. I have the same model TV, Samsung UE55NU7021KXXXU. The TV was running fine but then all of a sudden started encountering problems. The sound would work, the remote wouldn't work! Now the TV turns on, although very slow boot up now but when it does it comes with the Samsung Logo then onto a screen showing No Signal. I try pressing Source on the remote but nothing happens. The home button also doesn't work, so I can not get any of the smart apps up. Also, everything is running very slowly.

However, if I click the actual button at the bottom of the screen and bring up the menu, then I get goto source and manage to select one of the HDMI's and get a signal. However while the picture shows, i keep getting the turning circle (as per the attached photo of the BBC news - you can just see the turning circle in the middle of the screen) and it says it's adjusting the picture. Also there is no sound. Under the settings, the picture test shows fine but sound test fails to work. I should add that this is temperamental as well as sometimes also does not work (the button at bottom of screen)

Any ideas on how to fix? I've added some photos of the screen and model to help.

Also, some times when I boot, instead of the normal commands, I get coding on the titles (as per photo)
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like maybe a firmware problem. Does temperature affect problem?
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

maybe a faulty nand ic/firmware

Comment

Hi, thanks for your replies.

So I don't believe temperature affects it as starting to go wrong in the same room its been in for the past 2 years!

I try and do an update to the firmware but it just crashes and doesn't do anything and reverts back to the same screen.

Sorry what do you mean by a faulty nand IC?

hank you for your help. Its only like 2.5 years old!

Comment

Sorry but is there a way that you can get an email when someone replies?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda79 View Post
                  Hi, thanks for your replies.

So I don't believe temperature affects it as starting to go wrong in the same room its been in for the past 2 years!

I try and do an update to the firmware but it just crashes and doesn't do anything and reverts back to the same screen.

Sorry what do you mean by a faulty nand IC?

hank you for your help. Its only like 2.5 years old!
                  Nand ic or eeprom ic is the chip that stores the firmware etc on samsungs quite common they go faulty.
                  Have you got a good clear picture of the mainboard so that we can see all the numbers on it.

Comment

The memory may be full, you can try to do a "factory reset" through the service menu.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                      The memory may be full, you can try to do a "factory reset" through the service menu.
                      lotas what type of memory ics do these use nand or eeprom ive not worked on one of these sets yet

Comment

EMMc flash has been used in new models for a long time.
                        This model also has SPI Flash and EEPROM, but the software is in EMMc.
                        Last edited by lotas; 12-06-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

I know there was a memory issue with this tv as I could never install any more apps, did see some posts about this too. Bizarre as surely you would put a TV out there with sufficient memory on it!On the factory rest is the the "reset" under support/self diagnosis as per photo?

Thank you for your help and time!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                              Nand ic or eeprom ic is the chip that stores the firmware etc on samsungs quite common they go faulty.
                              Have you got a good clear picture of the mainboard so that we can see all the numbers on it.
                              I have opened it yet but let me give this a go tonight and I'll get a clear picture. I'm guessing the mainboard will be the large board at back and not the one where the power goes to?

Comment

Sorry I got lost there but assume opening up the back and exposing the motherboard will provide clarity on whats faulty and needs to be replaced?

Comment

So I've just tried another software update which is what I assume is a firmware update. I choose as per the photo and then it does something but returns to the main "No Signal" screen again. Checking the software version it's still what it was before.

Also, some options don't seem to be available. Picture attached of some itmes greyed out!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda79 View Post
                                    So I've just tried another software update which is what I assume is a firmware update. I choose as per the photo and then it does something but returns to the main "No Signal" screen again. Checking the software version it's still what it was before.

Also, some options don't seem to be available. Picture attached of some itmes greyed out!
                                    what is in the general menu?

Comment

If you reset via the "factory reset" service menu, you will get the TV as if it were from a store.
                                      https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Samsung-TV

Method 5

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                        what is in the general menu?
                                        Hi, so just started the tv again and the no signal page is not showing properly. Photo of this attached as well as a photo from before when this page was showing properly. I've also attached a photo of the main settings menu which too isn't showing properly. I'll later to see if it displays correctly.

I'm guessing this doesn't help much?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X