Samsung stooping to a new low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung stooping to a new low

Well, just snapped the back on another piece of crap less than 2 year old Samsung after giving the customer the bad news that the lower panel driver boards have so many shorts its not recoverable. Now if your tv takes even a subtle surge it not only takes out part of your main board/tcon board it keeps on going right into those lower panel driver boards and the customer doesn't want to pay my hourly fee to find shorted caps in parallel, fried resistors, and shorted diodes. We really started to see them roll in like this in the KS,MU,NU, RU, and now QN series Samsung's it seems they are deliberately being designed to fail this way. It's bad enough having to do backlight repairs but now it takes the repair away from the hard working tv technician that is trying to earn a buck and Samsung wants to take all that away from us. And I use to tell all my customers to buy Samsung's but not anymore. If Samsung wants to act like Hisense and TCL I'll put them in that category. Bring the Tcon board back and leave a safety buffer to protect those lower panel driver boards like before you went with a 2 board tv. Samsung's new logo-Engineered to Fail

Re: Samsung stooping to a new low

One less board to manufacture is a cost saving exercise. That would be replaced for free in the UK as there are several large vendors that offer 5 year warranties as standard. It would be expensive for them if they were designed to fail within 5 years. Perhaps your electricity is more surgy over there ? perhaps there is a market for surge protectors ?

Comment

90% of these were on surge protectors(Made in China) and we only run 120V 60hz. here. New home construction code in many area's now require surge protection at the panel. You don't know how lucky your market is to get a 5 year warranty. We get 1 stinking year and you can bet it's ready for a bad backlight or surge damage coming up with the newer models. And they used to use power supplies that were compatible with many models. Now they have one power supply and one main video board for just that model only. The edge lit backlight repairs can reveal melted diffusers and 6 inch long carbon flame marks in cases. A 5 year extended warranty cost $100's. Good thing I'm retiring next year. I'm tired of what I'm seeing lately. Ours are made in Mexico built to fail in less than 2 years. This is the thanks we get for helping to protect their corrupt country in the Korean war.

Comment

I'm courious what is inside your surge protectors, i'm curious which would be the fail rate and damages with only three varistors put in the ac input of them by a lets say reputable brand like Epcos..
        In the bottom of this my suspect is that the only two pieces for protection purposes in this tvs doesn't work, that are one diode and a diode on the tcon... but since tcon are now integrated maybe there are no more..
        Last edited by Davi.p; 08-09-2021, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Most of the problems we are finding is diodes. We save them from donor boards from cracked panel tv's because they are hard to get. Samsung is hogging them all up. I use
          https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...R7ksnSVPb7%2Fq

Comment

Working...
          X