Samsung UN65RU8000F reboot loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN65RU8000F reboot loop

Hello everyone, I have a 65” Samsung that continuously restarts. It boots up and you can hear the welcome sound for just a second and then cuts off to reboot, and it does this continuously until unplugged. It doesn't not stay on long enough to complete any functions from the remote or power button on the tv. I have replaced both the power board and main board and no change. There isn't a separate T-con board with this model as it's integrated into the main board. After a series of troubleshooting I have found that I can get the TV to stay on when this connection cable to one of the tabs is disconnected as shown in the picture. Of course there is no image to that area of the screen. I'm aware this means the LCD is bad. But my question is, has anyone found a solution to fix the tab? How to check if one of the components on the tab is causing the fault? I know the normal answer will be the tab has to be replaced with a professional bonding machine. Just wanted to know if someone has fixed this without tab replacement?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN65RU8000F reboot loop

It may be that one of the ceramic smd capacitors has gone short circuit on that section of board. Appears to be becoming more common. With the set off check for short circuit across each of the capacitors.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Good point I’ll have to test them.
      Last edited by Traking85; 08-14-2021, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Take a look at any diodes in that area as well. Samsung has stooped to a new low and put cheap chinese caps and diodes on those boards and will short out in a New York second. So cheap that the diodes have no markings. Getting to be Hisense and TCL quality lately. Better keep them unplugged until you want to watch them and never when lightning is near.

Comment

Working...
        X