Samsung admits it uses a Tv Block App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung admits it uses a Tv Block App

Just another reason why NOT TO buy a Samsung Tv. It connects with Samsung servers and the minute you connect to the internet they can remotely disable your Tv by bricking the software. How low can you go Samsung? They will do this shortly after the warranty is over so be ready for it if your on their hit list. I'll never recommend them ever....period. Low life dirty deal.

Re: Samsung admits it uses a Tv Block App

Where did you see this? Don’t just tell us something g like that without the receipts (proof).

Comment

more info. credible source? i dont think samsung would do well in a court battle if this was correct.

Comment

Just Google it. They are currently using it to disable Tv's stolen in a huge warehouse in South Africa looting spree. They can brick your Tv anytime they want with a simple software update. Typical Asian corruption to the core.
        https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/25/2...s-south-africa

Comment

ok mate, thats not really a bad thing. i mean apple, samsung and google can do the same with hardware. i can understand this is frustrating you. but they are getting bricked because of theft, just like phones. which why not? will make the tvs useless, only good for parts now

Comment

Originally posted by bl0wfish View Post
            more info. credible source? i dont think samsung would do well in a court battle if this was correct.
            Samsung is used to being in court on corruption charges. We have had alot of Tv's come in with complaints that the Tv quit working after a Samsung software version update. At first we wondered why, then it turned to suspicion a few months ago and then Samsung admitted to it last week. Now you know the rotten truth all you loyal Samsung owners. They might look good but they are designed to fail prematurely now.

Comment

i hear what your saying. but even if a tv or smart device was blocked incorrectly. they should be able to unblock it, as per news article. and honestly. not much is made to last anymore. if we made things that lasted forever like we used to. sales would plummet. try not to look at it too negatively.
              that shit if true, bricking for no reason happened here in australia. it just wouldnt fly

Comment

I know this from last year when i've casually read a thread in the Italian Samsung's site forum, i never read that forum so this can happen for various models, for the model i have, i have spent so much hours to understand the fault that i've lost the count... turns out that for that series the same faults came out after software update and a lot of furious people asked why until Samsung gave up and released a correcting update that fixed the problem, the thread is huge and for many months the target of Samsung was asking customers for giving their tv to Samsung centers and with a big spending a motherboard change, 200 euro bill, approx 220$..

Finally... have you ever asked yourself the meaning of that stupid things like fridges and washing machines that connects to the internet? It's just easy like 2+2...

Hardware automatic faults are difficult to implement, they have tried with bad caps but now also the children knows how to fix them.. Software modes are precise and almost impossibile to fix without changing boards that only authorized centers have..
                Last edited by Davi.p; 08-28-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X