Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info of Relays

Hi everyone,

Hope this is the right forum to ask this.
    I have a power supply from a very big audio amplifier which is 20+ years old.
    I want to replace the relays in it.
    Firstly, should I bother? Are relays reliable and should work for much more than 20 years?
    If I should replace it as a precaution, please help me identify what the relays are.

There are 3 relays, 1 x black and 2 x white.

The white ones say 'FKD130P' which from a website tells me it's equivalent to NTE R53-1D30-24. If this is the case, then that's easy enough to get.

The black on however has only 'Potter & Brumfield T90 Series' on it. How can I tell what model this is or what a suitable replacement would be?

TIA
    Attached Files

Re: Info of Relays

amplifier make and model number ????????????????
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      amplifier make and model number ????????????????
      Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
      This is for a Genesis V amplifier. I believe the same model amplifier was used for multiple Genesis systems.

The Genesis speakers had active servo subs in them, and this was the amplifier which drove them.

Comment

I would not replace the relays as a preventive maintenance as they are used very little in an amplifier so they should last a very long time.
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
        X