Apple iPad 10.2 (2019) - no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iPad 10.2 (2019) - no power

Mainboard 820-01686 battery 3,9V i have 1,8V on power pin, 0V is when push button and nothing happend.
    What can i check in the next step ?

Re: Apple iPad 10.2 (2019) - no power

Hi.

1) Do you have test tools ?

2) Is this model with the Apple Lightning connector or USB C connector for charging of the model ?

3) You will need to review the current draw and voltage from the charging port connector. Based on the activity of the current draw, often it is possible to determine the condition of the tablet.

4) What is the history of the tablet ? Was working and then just stopped working ?

5) If you apply the power adapter -> do you see the charging graphic ? Any graphics on the LCD at all ? Any boot chime when the adapter is connected?

6) Can you connect the unit to a Windows PC and does Windows state that a USB product was attached ? Test with iTunes & USB cable.

Try a hard reset by holding down the recommended combination of keys to force a reboot.

Comment

1- which test tools ?
      2- Lightning
      3- 5V 0,48A on lighting.
      4- one day it stopped power on.
      5- no boot chime, and nothing on LCD when i apply power adapter
      6- No device in "device manager" when connected ipad.
      I try a hard reset by holding down the recommended combination bou nothing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Install iTunes on Windows.

Then connect and see if iTunes can detect this iPad.

Test with other cables. Inspect the lightning connector for damage / debris.

It is common to have this dock flex cable get damaged from physical abuse to 3rd party chargers that are not to Apple's MFI specs.

Tools like tristar breakout board / testers will help.

Tester can quickly determine if the tristar IC needs to be replaced. Do review the online methods to force a cold reset.

Are you comfortable to remove the display? They are very delicate and should be removed with great care and proper tools. The spudger cannot, cannot go in too deep else the display will be damaged. If any doubts, call around your local markets for experienced repair shops.

There is also Ben in Germany. Check his videos on youtube. He is the one with the man bun on his head and tattoos.

Comment

iTunes not see iPad.
          I tested many cable but ipad should work on battery when battery is charged.
          I dont have tester tristar, it can be checked by measuring voltages ?
          I already have an iPad disassembled

Comment

Working...
          X