Sony XBR-55X850C Stripped Screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-55X850C Stripped Screws

I'm currently in the process of replacing the LED backlight strips and during the midsts of getting the outer bezels off, in order to take off the screen, I stripped a couple of the tiny screws. Does anyone have an idea of the type of screw/size so I'm able to replace them? I'm just wondering if it's a specific non-conductive metal or not... a bit hesitant on going to the local hobby lobby, matching them up size wise, turning the tv on and then having it explode because it was the wrong metal lol

I was able to extract the few stubborn screws using a Dremel, and making a notch for a flat head instead...

They seem to be made of a soft metal since it was fairly easy to strip with minimal torque. They have a Phillips Wafer Head, one set is black and the other is silver.

Not sure if I'm just being overly cautious or paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

See attachments for pictures of the screws I'm questioning...

I would greatly appreciate any help in the right direction!

Non-stripped Top View

Stripped Top View

Bottom View

Side View
    Attached Files

Re: Sony XBR-55X850C Stripped Screws

Theyre not any special metal - I'd fix the tv and re-use them if possible. you're not going to find them at any hardware store. If you want new ones -maybe EBAY

Comment

Working...
    X