Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SONY 65" 4K - Horizontal Line on top

Search for a cracked screen tv..
    If my diagnisis is correct the liquid is drying and making serious damage..i suggest you to open it.
    I have a giant 55 opened on the bench since much time with liquid damage, i assure you it is very a pain ..
    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-09-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

hmmmm so late to discover it. show me the damage of the ribbon cable with close focused photo to see if you can repair it.. i did repair many time ribbon and lvds cable,, its always one time attempt repair

Comment

Also i add... I don't think your picture showed signs of bad cables, since defect was moving and other questions, maybe you ruined it. Now how it appears the image? No image?

Comment

This is what I believe happened. The first picture was what the original post for sale was. Then I believe the owner played around with the t-con ribbon cables which he must of damaged. The second picture is now.
          Attached Files

Comment

My bet is a full shampoo :-)

Comment

hello guys , i have the exact same problem,exact same model i ordered new flat cables , horizontal lines are tied to gate drivers short in lcd panel, or bad tab conection in vcom board, first you need to press the gate flat cables on vcom board and see if the lines are gone, if is that the case, you should press it with non conductive materials such as rubber, if is not the case, is a short , and you can isolate the short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGAkRgaZhs
              Last edited by pazoline; 12-11-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I ordered the 4 t-con ribbon cables and waiting on them. Once I get them I will update, but I was planning on doing what is in that youtube video.

Comment

Originally posted by 280zx View Post
                  I ordered the 4 t-con ribbon cables and waiting on them. Once I get them I will update, but I was planning on doing what is in that youtube video.
                  lets help each other!

Comment

this may help
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pazoline; 12-11-2020, 10:29 AM. Reason: pdf

Comment

send a close up pic of the original ribbon cable. taping off the cable as in the video is going to "fix" you r tv

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-65t...1-t-con-board/

can some good tec help us to identify what signals to block on t-con cables? where the clock signals come from? thats the real strugle, because that cables are really fragile, try and error will cost another set of cables, ( already happen to me )

something important to know, that tv is a 3d tv, so there are two flat cables for each side, if we grind success isolating the short , the 3d will be gone 4 ever right?
                        Last edited by pazoline; 12-11-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Here are pictures of the 4 ribbon cable tips. As you can see they are shot. It's a beautiful TV and I would hate to see it go to the landfill...
                          Attached Files

Comment

horizontal lines are tied to gate drivers short in lcd panel, or bad tab conection in vcom board
                            No, Horizontal lines are only sign of bad gate drivers
                            first you need to press the gate flat cables on vcom board and see if the lines are gone,
                            Wasted time. No contact problem, bad gate circuits. Or if water present and lines moving maybe momentary malfunction, i don't know..
                            You can't fix single isolated horizontal lines i think.
                            If a defect is moving, nothing is really burnt on the panel

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                              No, Horizontal lines are only sign of bad gate drivers

Wasted time. No contact problem, bad gate circuits. Or if water present and lines moving maybe momentary malfunction, i don't know..
                              You can't fix single isolated horizontal lines i think.
                              If a defect is moving, nothing is really burnt on the panel
                              ok is water problem, you win , now would you let us solve our problem?
                              Last edited by pazoline; 12-11-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Here are pictures of the 4 ribbon cable tips. As you can see they are shot. It's a beautiful TV and I would hate to see it go to the landfill...
                                if you read my post #7 then now you had enjoying the beauty of it.....

Comment

I know I know.

Comment

Pazoline i have win nothing, it's not a race, what do you think i am here for? I have made my advice weeks ago, nobody folowed, and you ask me to solve your problem? Have i to take an airplane? Mine was an idea, i don't know if you wash or not your screen, it's based on my knowledge and observation,, i can be wrong, i don't like to repeat. I have seen a bit of the video, and curiously see that someone otther have got the idea of where to take technical documents, i had the idea long time ago, unfortunately i can translate well that documents, so i almost watch diagrams..
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-11-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I know I know.
                                      any news on the cable? my package will come on monday

Comment

Pazoline I'm still waiting on the new ribbon cable. I can't wait to get them.

Comment

I encourage you to clean the ribbon sockets with toothbrush on the panel & T-CON, to be sure there are no rest of cable broken pins left at the sockets.
                                          ((let the the sockets clip open to the top and with the brush from boards side forward outside massage them. after that under loop check if all pins are aligned in place))
                                          i faced such issue before

Comment

Working...
                                          X