hacking Dlp hlt6187s Motherboard bypass or fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hacking Dlp hlt6187s Motherboard bypass or fix

Also this is my first pictures and all those puffy caps have been replaced. Both psbs. It was taking longer and longer to start up so just left it on til it shut self off. Now wont come on unless apply heat.

Comment

Stanman im the one who just bought that psb from u.

Comment

Thanks for the extra fan.

Comment

I can tell you right now, you have puffy capacitors in your sub LED pws.
          These pics are of the HLT5689SAX board.
          Attached Files
          Yes my house is full of samsung parts
          Yes I live alone

Comment

looks the same. That is pics from couple years ago before I replaced caps

Comment

I got the board from u off ebay. you can pm me if u like. I like to know how much and get with u on it. Im at work now then have to do the Christmas thing but will check back often

Comment

stanman I sent you a pm.

Comment

As u can see I do not have the two smaller connections on side where DVI cable goes that your board has. Don't have the brown and white wire with plug either. This is only thing I can see different Where does that brown and white wire go?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MEM1971; 12-24-2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

This is the one im talking about

Comment

stanman do u still have the hltxx89s board?

Comment

still looking

Comment

Finally after a few months not just one main board showed up on eBay but 3-4 of them. I ordered one and just put it in and my HLT6187SX is working perfectly again. Comes on first try every time. So not only do the caps and PSBs cause them not to turn on but main board will too. Makes me want to gamble on buying a new tcon board for 70" Vizio! Lol

Comment

Replace c1005 and c1120 both on main board. They are 100uf 16v sm.

Comment

I have several boxes of them probably 20-30, they hardly ever go bad it is usually the SUB LED board which are all going bad now.
                              The SAX is a different story, I only have a few.
                              Look me up on eBay or PM me if you need one.
                              Yes I live alone

Comment

I have a 61" Samsung DLP LED TV. I have owned it since 2007.
                                I have replaced the DMD chip due to white spots. The sub power board was replaced due to startup problems. Then I had a blue LED failure and replaced all three Red Green Blue due to the years on the set.

I notice red outlines on white text. They are faint 1/16" wide and disappear at view distances at arms length or greater.

I ordered a new digtal board thinking that the convergence was slowly failing. After confirming with the seller on ebay that the borad was correct for my set. I ordered it.

My TV is:

Model Code:
                                HLT6187sax/xaa
                                Serial Number:
                                AK9H3CKPC01225K
                                Version:
                                RE01

The board I was sent has the Version C style fitting (DVI ?) for the MB to DMD cable. It has two screw stand offs and white plastic fitting with a steel tab pointing up.

That board will not fit my early / late A or B style MB with a flat ribbon cable.

The seller will not take returns even though they sold me the wrong part.

Questions:

1) Is the black socket for the ribbon cable under the DVI cable connector or is the white DVI connector soldered to the board?

2) Is there an adapter for DVI cable to Ribbon cable?

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Comment

Hi, I sympathize with you because the seller should have made it clear that it was for the SX and not the SAX TV.
                                    He should have said it was not for the TV with the flat ribbon cable.
                                    Anyway, there is no way to adapt that but a fairly easy way to do it would be to change your DMD board and your LED Driver board to the SX style that uses the black DVI cable.
                                    What you would end up with is an SX TV.
                                    The menu is a bit different but it is no big deal.
                                    I no longer sell on eBay but I have boxes of stuff laying around that will eventually get thrown out so I would only want a bit more than the shipping cost for it.
                                    I do not have either the SX or SAX mainboard laying around but
                                    I probably have 25 - 30 of the HL61A750 mainboards.
                                    OMG I just noticed you live in canada so shipping is expensive.
                                    Dave
                                    Last edited by stanman2242; 02-18-2021, 10:53 PM.
                                    Yes I live alone

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I live in columbia missouri not canada, been feeling like canada lately but no I am in the state of misery.

I noticed that I actually need the "C" version for the SAX type TV and I had written the A or B. Which is wrong like you point out.

I had considered swapping the DMD board like you suggested but I am not sure anymore repairs are cost effective. Parts are getting harder to get. My be an end of life situation.

The faint red outlines may mean that I have a too critical of an eye. Not sure what this set is actually capable of.

I could imagine an adapter being built but not sure it would be worth the time and effort.

Contested the payment on paypal, so the ebay seller is pissed. Not sure what else he expected me to do. He refused to return or exchange the board. Not going to let the guy lie to me and rob me. In the end Paypal will likely screw me, kinda have to use them but they can be pretty shoddy the way they run things.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Working...
                                      X