Samsung Mainboard swap????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Mainboard swap????

What would happen if you swapped in a different model mainboard into your samsung TV? I have a LN40A550P3FXZA. When I looked at my original mainboard it didn't have a number tag on it. I found out that it was supposed to have a BN94-02077C. Its dead. Anyhow I researched like crazy cause I couldn't find the exact replacement and came across a BN96-08252A for a LN52A530P1FXZA. The Parts Store said it was a substitute. Tried it anyway. Well audio works great, so do all the ports. I can even reset it. But I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING. I have the T-CON to match it and the cable. What gives? Please Help!!!

Re: Samsung Mainboard swap????

According to my research, those boards are subs for each other. But that board is not correct for all versions of that Model. How did you obtain the part number you are using? Are you sure it is the correct version?

Comment

I am not even sure. I am not too educated on Samsung Part numbers, let alone their mainboards. Any information that you can provide or lead me to will be benificial. Also by looking at the board, I cannot tell what version it is. Will that determine if video is shown or not?

Comment

Oh, to be more specific; At first I picked the BN96-08252 mainboard out because it looked similar to my original one. Later on while digging through the internet and landing on the ThePartStore web site, I saw that the BN96-08252 was a substitute for the original mainboard. Question, you said that you did research. If at all possible, can you relay where you found your information? Is it a pay site?

Comment

ignore wrong thread
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 02-20-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

You will find the version number of your TV on a small sticker on the (usually) right side of the TV, as viewed from the front of the TV.

Comment

Perhaps post good clear pictures of the boards you have
              Label them on paint or some program.
              Also Pictures of any labels , bar codes etc might help.- Sometimes a board might look the same but if it is out of a 47" set it will not work in a 40" set.
              May have wire link or jumper to move or may need a new eeprom.

We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back (in the same orientation) and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1280167246

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1280167246
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Actually the board is out of a 52" right off the top of my head. Therefor I guess I need a 40" board exclusively? I'm never going to get this TV fixed. I will try and post pictures when I get the chance.

So many questions: So, if I get another 40" board with cable and t-con, does the t-con have to match the panel? My panel LTF400HA01.

Comment

The T-Con does need to match the panel. Have you tried using the original T-Con that was in your TV? If you have the T-Con from a 52" panel in your TV then chances are it is not the same as the T-Con from a 40" and will not work. Sometimes the T-Con is interchangeable and sometimes it is not.

Also, you still need to provide your version number from the sticker on your TV. It is located on the small sticker on the right side of the TV itself or the back panel. It is usually blue. This will help determine if this board is compatible with your TV.
                  Last edited by rayrod81; 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I can get very busy. I looked at a tag on the side of my tv and it says SQ01. Therefore my tv is a LN40A550P3FXZA SQ01.
                    Oh yeah, I tried all the t-cons I have, I have 2, to no avail. And I think (off the top of my head) this my panel number- LTF400HA01. I will confirm this later bur I am pretty sure this is what it is.

Ok, the t-cons are lj94-02285H Original, lj94-02849f Substitute.
                    Last edited by lebryant91; 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM. Reason: forgot to input more info.

Comment

I have looked and looked at the compatibilty issues.

I dont think the main board is compatible without some revision.
                      Check on shopjimmy and/or go back to partstore.

Some info on SJ suggests that the tcons should be compatible
                      but if you look at the panel numbers they are said to work with they dont both fit you panel - again check and go back and ask where you go it from.

I have gone round in circles !!
                      Have a look on here http://www.encompassparts.com/search
                      Type in the part numbers /model numbers and see if you can get a set to match - cant see the Tcons are there any other numbers on the board as listed when you put the tv model number in that search - Note there are two pages of parts.
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I am at wits end with this TV. Just cannot get parts for this thing. Cannot find the substitutes either (for a reasonable price). There should be some kind of compatibility database to help us folks out. Well I am no quitter, this is going to take a while folks...

Comment

You really should resist wantonly swapping boards in and out that may not be compatible. Doing so could cause damage to boards or panel. I will do some more research and let you know what I find.

Comment

The main boards you have are both compatible with that model. I would stick with the original TCon though.

Maybe we could help you more if you start from the beginning. What was the original problem? How did it change when you replaced the main board? Have you checked any voltages? Give us as much history as you can, and we'll see where it takes us.

Comment

Originally posted by lebryant91 View Post
                              What would happen if you swapped in a different model mainboard into your samsung TV? I have a LN40A550P3FXZA. When I looked at my original mainboard it didn't have a number tag on it. I found out that it was supposed to have a BN94-02077C. Its dead. Anyhow I researched like crazy cause I couldn't find the exact replacement and came across a BN96-08252A for a LN52A530P1FXZA. The Parts Store said it was a substitute. Tried it anyway. Well audio works great, so do all the ports. I can even reset it. But I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING. I have the T-CON to match it and the cable. What gives? Please Help!!!
                              Can a board outta a 42" work in a 65" if both smart tv's

Comment

Working...
                              X