Vizio XVT553SV Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio XVT553SV Problems

New to the forum here...I'm having issues with my Vizio XVT553SV. I'm not tech savvy, but I'm pretty smart and can learn if you're able to help dumb the tech down for me. Hopefully the symptoms I describe are helpful to get to the bottom of my problem and with any luck the solution will be an easy and cheap fix (seems unlikely given my luck!)

To the issue, about a week ago my wife stated the TV was doing something weird and would give her some scrambled horizontal lines, distorting the picture upon start up. Usually turning it off and back on would clear up the issue and the picture would turn back to normal. Almost like it needed to "warm up". Progressively throughout the week the symptoms have gotten worse. Now upon start up we don't even get the Vizio logo, just a backlit black screen. Sometimes with a couple unplugs it will come back to life and work normally, usually taking almost 30 minutes.

I'm going to attempt to post a picture of what the TV looks like when it's gone goofy. Hopefully it works! I'm already preparing to buy a new TV, but if I can keep this one going, I'd love to move it in my bedroom. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio XVT553SV Problems

sad that no one replied to this post. im sure the tv has long since been recycled, but i would bet this was a mainboard issue. but im not sure of that. could a bad panel look like that? a bad tcon? it would be nice to get some insight from the community. PS i have this TV and it definitely has a bad mainboard but it just doesnt turn on at all.
    Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Re: Vizio XVT553SV Problems

A tv not turning on at all could be as simple as a bad diode on the powerboard, or other things of course, testing necessary to try to narrow down issue.

Comment

Working...
      X