LG 50PZ550T-ZA Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PZ550T-ZA Problem

Hi Everyone looking for some advice on the repair of this TV (If it's not the panel that has gone bad.!)

Said to a friend I would try and help repair his TV.

TV is an LG 50PZ550T Plasma, the TV powers on and starts up without any problems, fault is the screen seems to have a 'Washed out' look (Unsure what this is called...See picture attached. ) Colours seem to be all over the place. After a short time the screen seems to go normal and works fine, but when cool and first starting the set up it comes on with the fault mentioned. If anyone could point me in the right direction It would be very much appreciated. I haven't had the chance to open the tv as yet, thought I would post a couple of pics on here to see if it would be worth investigating further.

Many Thanks,

S.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 50PZ550T-ZA Problem

I think it looks like a Zsus problem. Have you checked the voltages are as given on the back of the plasma panel. ie Ve, Vsus etc. Perhaps a bad (dry) solder joint on the Zsus board
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      I think it looks like a Zsus problem. Have you checked the voltages are as given on the back of the plasma panel. ie Ve, Vsus etc. Perhaps a bad (dry) solder joint on the Zsus board
      Hi dick, I haven't managed to get the set open yet but I'll get round to it within the next couple of days, I was just wondering if this one would have been worth investing the time in, thanks for the reply I shall get it open and get a good visual on all boards along with measuring all voltages mentioned.

Kinds Rgds,

S.

Comment

Perhaps someone else could offer some insight into the problem. I see it's a full HD, 3D tv so would be worth trying. Search the forum using the search box above for Zsus problems.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

yes

Comment

Hi everyone, just closing out this thread sorry its took so long, but I finally got the time to resolve the problem on this one. Ordered a new Zsus board like for like and it has cured the problem. All voltages on the PSU were fine and didn't see any visually dodgy looking components on PSU or old Zsus so fingers crossed he can get another couple of years out it now.

Thanks for help @dick_barton

Comment

Yes, this definitely appears like a ZSUS problem. Good that you ordered a replacement ZSUS and the TV is now working.

If you have the old board out, can you please check the condition of the solder joints on the underside of the board for the two large copper coils between the heat sinks?

If the solder for these coils looks cracked, or otherwise burned, you may be able to re-solder them and see if the board works.

Let us know.

Comment

Working...
              X