SONY 65" 4K - Horizontal Line on top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY 65" 4K - Horizontal Line on top

Looking at picking up a 3D TV SONY 65" 4K - XBR-65X900A for $20 and was wondering if it's worth the trouble. It has horizontal lines on the top 1/3 of the TV. Is it fixable?
    Attached Files

Re: SONY 65" 4K - Horizontal Line on top

90% the issue at T-CON replacement fix it
    10% damage at the edge side of the panel
    Taiwanese AUO Panel + T-CON are good unless there external force to issue damage at them.

20$ i will pay you 100 if you brought it to me lol

Comment

Thanks I was thinking it could be the T-Con board, but was worried that it could be a bad panel.

Comment

I bought the TV and here is what it actually looks like. Could this be the T-con board? HELP
        Attached Files

Comment

1-you need to call the menu setting and see how it look..
          2-remove the panel bezel to see if there damage on panel... this is different from first post.

Comment

Here is a picture from the setting menu. It has those pink and blue strips down the middle. I hate to have to through it in the trash. Would like to fix it versus stripping it for parts sale. Any idea what it could be? Panel looks good.
            Attached Files

Comment

do the test of one ribbon disconnected at one time.. and call the menu setting... let see how its look.

EDIT: before you start with the test i mentioned above.. you need to take out all ribbon cable out and the LVDS too. inspect them under good magnifier from end to end, you may find damage at the pins contact.
              Last edited by Diah; 11-28-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Here pictures of the screen with the T-CON cables disconnected. I start from left to right disconnecting 1 of all 4 connections. Last picture is all reconnected.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry the damage is 100% panel, unfortunately you have a combination of vertical and horizontal issues so this means bad source and gate drivers, for the vertical bars maybe there a corrosion on board for liquid spill, but i'm not sure since this has not to do with horizontal problem that seems of electrical surge, but if the liquid spilled also at the bevels maybe has ruined the gate drivers, i think 99% is unfixable, but 20$ is so low price, sell the boards..

Comment

Originally posted by 280zx View Post
                    Here pictures of the screen with the T-CON cables disconnected. I start from left to right disconnecting 1 of all 4 connections. Last picture is all reconnected.
                    the location of color line has being changed.. very early to judge on panel issue..

you didn't write about inspection the ribbon cable and lvds.. please show me yours T-CON and the lvds sockets on it as well the lvds socket on the Main boards.

Comment

The vertical bars have moved to the left. I cleaned all the 4 connections on the T-CON board before putting them back in.
                      Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE] vertical bars have moved to the left. [QUOTE]
                        Hey! this is a very good new, maybe the liquid is still liquid and does produces momentary defects not destructive, time to dismantle the screen bezel before the corrosion takes place...

Comment

Originally posted by 280zx View Post
                          The vertical bars have moved to the left. I cleaned all the 4 connections on the T-CON board before putting them back in.
                          okay--
                          i wrote inspect the ribbon cable contact pins under good magnifier if one damage or short or moved to aside..

if they are all fine--- disconnect the LVDS the small one and turn on ( call menu always at any test ).. let see what will show to you

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                            vertical bars have moved to the left
                            Hey! this is a very good new, maybe the liquid is still liquid and does produces momentary defects not destructive, time to dismantle the screen bezel before the corrosion takes place...
                            could you please calm down and dont distributed the trouble shooting.... this is TV not swimming pool.
                            Last edited by Diah; 11-28-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

why you have preference than me? i write my suggestions , nothing to do with you, you has not the exclusive..

Comment

I removed the following cable which I marked off in red. Tried to power on TV and had no picture just clicking sounds.
                                Attached Files

Comment

so it went to protection after disconnect the small LVDS. so T-CON SOS feed back working.. you need to invest first with T-CON if you were sure 100% there no visual damage at the panel.

Comment

I have ordered a T-CON board today since it was only $25. Thanks for your help and I will post once I get and swap the T-CON board. Hopefully it fixes the issue. Once again thanks for your help.

Comment

25 $ for an huge complex board is very cheap, but as a general rule defects that covers only part of the screen are never related to tcon.

Comment

Diah I replaced the T-Con board and in the process it looks like the t-con ribbon cables are damaged. Can't seem to be able to find new cables. I think the previous owner must of damaged them.

Comment

Working...
                                        X