Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Hi, just need a bit of advice please
    I have a Toshiba 40L3453DB tv with the blinking red/green light and the light grey screen but no picture or sound
    there are no swollen caps as far as i can see

I have searched the forum and found this thread for the smaller size tv
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58640

which recommends redoing the firmware, so i have searched and the only firmware i can find is this one
    h**ps://repairalltv.com/toshiba-40l3453db-software-17mb95-download/

the 17MB95 board is the same as mine but the Panel model panel number is slightly different to what they show on that link, there's is Panel NR- VES400UNDS-03

mine is VES400UNDS2DR06-2D-R06

I have download the file and all it contains is the "upgrade_mb90.bin" file

Does anyone know if this will work and will it flash using this by powering on holding the ok button down on the remote or do i need mboot and usb_auto_update_A1 file to go with it like in the other thread on here in the first link?

I have attached pictures of my boards, any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fergal22; 02-14-2021, 03:38 AM.

Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Originally posted by Fergal22 View Post
    if the firmware name you downloaded upgrade_mb90.bin and its size about 108 MB then its core firmware should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      if the firmware name you downloaded upgrade_mb90.bin and its size about 108 MB then its core firmware should work.
      Ok i tried doing it but nothing happens
      I have found more software for the "32W1333DB" which is the smaller model tv than mine and the folder is called "CORE UPDATE ONLY, USE THIS IF SET WORKING - v2.1.9Z" in the folder there is a "upgrade_mb90.bin" file and a PDF called "MB95_Core-SW_update.pdf"which i have attached

It says that the "upgrade_mb90.bin" file is only used if the tv is working and you do it through the menu's, my tv is not working so cannot do this

It also states

"IMPORTANT:
      There exist 2 Core-SW files for MB95 models:
      a) for models with DVB-T & -C tuner (D/DL/L/W133x / 134x based models)
      b) for models with DVB-T & -T2 & -C tuner (D/DL/L/W135x based models)
      Notice: Files for T2 models have nearly double file size.
      As both Core-SW files must be named “upgrade_mb90.bin” in order to be detected by the set, make sure, NOT to mix up files for T and T2 models !
      Flashing a wrong Core-SW can lead to malfunction of the set after updating !"

so it looks like i need a file package containing 3 files like the one "ReeceyBurger123" uploaded for the "32W1333B" but for the "40L3453DB" model tv which i have but cannot find one anywhere containing the following files for my model TV

mb90_en.bin
      mboot.bin
      usb_auto_update_A1

any further help would be appreciated
      Thanks
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Fergal22; 02-14-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Below you will find 2 softwares for 17mb95. With MBOOT of 1 and 2Mb respectively.
        https://file.fm/u/x5xrafm2s
        https://file.fm/u/6ygn8fapd

Comment

mb90_en.bin
          mboot.bin
          usb_auto_update_A1

any further help would be appreciated
          Thanks
          use the second link thankfully yokoono provided at the his post..

Comment

Thankyou both for yor help

Before i try it i noticed in the other thread about the "40L1333DB" tv
            ASEk94 states about commenting out certain parts of the "usb_auto_update_A1.txt" file
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=9

Will i have to do the same for my 40L4353DB" or can i just go ahead as is?

Thanks
            Last edited by Fergal22; 02-15-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Thankyou both for yor help

Before i try it i noticed in the other thread about the "40L1333DB" tv
              ASEk94 states about commenting out certain parts of the "usb_auto_update_A1.txt" file
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=9

Will i have to do the same for my 40L4353DB" or can i just go ahead as is?

Thanks
              Man, your issue firmware... even if you flash firmware now from the Mars you can always to reflash another firmware.. why you keep talking on model didn't related to yours !!!!

Comment

A simple No you don't need to alter anything, just give it a try would of sufficed

Politeness and manners especially to a newbie costs nothing my friend
                Last edited by Fergal22; 02-15-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

A simple No you don't need to alter anything, just give it a try would of sufficed

Politeness and manners especially to a newbie costs nothing my friend
                  the other threat you are mentioned and compare to yours set .. they were not sure about firmware.. so they comment the mboot section, here at your threat i am sure of yokoono firmware 100% yours.... so no need to write "try" ..
                  if we were not polite enough.. then will never share and answer you. but if some one dont trust this forum & the answer from users, let him go to pay for recovery firmware from ebay..

Comment

the other threat you are mentioned and compare to yours set .. they were not sure about firmware.. so they comment the mboot section, here at your threat i am sure of yokoono firmware 100% yours.... so no need to write "try" ..
                    if we were not polite enough.. then will never share and answer you. but if some one dont trust this forum & the answer from users, let him go to pay for recovery firmware from ebay..
                    I never said i did not trust the forum, i have the upmost respect for people who have the knowledge and share and help others, i just found your reply a bit harsh towards a newbie that's all, i just wanted to make sure there was nothing else i had to do before going ahead and trying it as i did not want to run the risk of bricking it

Well it looks like it has bricked it as i tried the firmware from the second link yokoono posted
                    plugged usb in, turned power on and pressed and held the ok key on the remote

The red/green blinking light changed to a constant red, not a fast blinking red/green light as it should do so left it for 10 minutes then turned it off, removed usb stick then turned TV on again and now there is no light whatsoever on the tv. no blinking light, no grey screen no booting, its dead no life at all

Does anyone have any suggestions apart from throwing it in the skip?
                    Last edited by Fergal22; 02-15-2021, 05:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

show me please clear focused photo on the whole mainboards.

Comment

show me please clear focused photo on the whole mainboards.
                        Hi, thanks for the reply,

I have attached more pictures, my phone camera is not the best, if you let me know what particular area of the board you want to see i will take a close up shot of it
                        Attached Files

Comment

hmm. yours NAND from the Korean Hynix. its sector construction need specific partition.
                          its same issue with any other android tv boxes with this type of NAND.

so what the status you are in now.. ?

Comment

hmm. yours NAND from the Korean Hynix. its sector construction need specific partition.
                            its same issue with any other android tv boxes with this type of NAND.

so what the status you are in now.. ?
                            It does not do anything now, it's like its dead

i have no standby light blinking and no grey screen

Comment

try the first link to download and play it..

Comment

also look closely on the mainboards... you will have ic chip with 8 pins (SPI FLASH) with label No 25 could you focused photo on it or write its full label over here

EDIT: should be U10
                                Last edited by Diah; 02-16-2021, 05:38 AM.

Comment

try the first link to download and play it..
                                  Hi, I tried the first link firmware a few times and nothing happens, no lights, nothing

I have added close up pictures of some of the chips in case that helps
                                  sorry never seen you last post i will do that now
                                  Attached Files

Comment

There is no u10, there is a U9 with this on it

RT7240A
                                    GSPICE38

There is another 8 leg chip by it (U5) but its very hard to make out what it says on it
                                    Attached Files

Comment

check again it should had label with 25L1606 or some things ells after L

Comment

I found U20 but there is no chip on it plus it has more than 8 pads were a chip would be soldered on there

I managed to get what was on chip U5
                                        UTC RET8 (I think its an 8)
                                        LR18120MB
                                        12 01

there are no other chips with 8 legs on the board anywhere
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X