LED Strip test points and testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Strip test points and testing?

Hi is there a guide in this forum on how to test the LED backlight TV strips? I purchased an LED tester on amazon, but I am a bit confused on the test points and how to test the individual LEDs? I took apart a RCA 43" TV Rlded4331b. Please see attached pictures. I understand that all the LEDs are in series, but on these strips I don't see any individual test points for each LED? Any tips or guides?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: LED Strip test points and testing?

The 2 copper colored prints on both side of each LED lens (eg D6+ and -) are probably the anode cathodes test points of the LED. Try red tester probe on D*+ and black test probe on -

Comment

Yes that's true but its quite confusing. I did figure it out and will try to explain in the photos below. This is with an LED tester, but you can also use a voltmeter on diode setting for the single LEDs.
      Edit: Actually, you can test the left-most LED without removing the diffuser. Place the negative probe on the - test point next to it, and the positive probe on the - test point of the right most LED. i.e. the circuit from the TV starts first with the LED right of the connector, and to the next 2 LEDs on the right, and the right-most LED is then connected to the left most LED, and then so on until the LED just before the connector, and then to the connector
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lmcancu; 03-20-2023, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Updated with corrected diagrams
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X