Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Power problem with Vizio E60-E3

Hi all:

I have a Vizio E60-E3 I am trying to troubleshoot a no power problem with. Thanks to the help on this board and elsewhere, I was pretty sure I had narrowed it to a power board problem. The board in question is a 09-60CAP0D0-00. Image attached for reference, but not of my board (tv is put away at the moment). FWIW, no obvious looking issues with the board.

I measured voltage at power in and on the fuse and saw 120V, so power is getting to the board.

On the pins out to the main board, I got no voltage at all on any of the pins. I assumed this meant my power supply was dead.

I ordered a replacement board from a supplier, and it showed up yesterday, looking actually a bit more used than the board in my tv. I hooked it up and nothing -- same problem with the pins. Since I'm new to this kind of troubleshooting, I retested BOTH boards and verified that this was the case with both of them.

Does this mean I got a non-functioning board from the vendor? Other things I should be checking? I emailed the vendor but haven't heard back yet but thought I'd ask you all if there's other things I could be doing to better troubleshoot what's going on with the board and validate that both boards are broken.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rajbot; 03-22-2023, 08:10 AM. Reason: Try image attached again

Re: No Power problem with Vizio E60-E3

Maybe try testing those pins of powerboard with the cable from powerboard to mainboard unhooked.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Maybe try testing those pins of powerboard with the cable from powerboard to mainboard unhooked.
      Thanks for the response! Apologies for not being more specific -- I was rushing to post this before getting the kids off to school.

The 0V on the main board out pins _is_ with the main board unhooked, just power attached.

Comment

Ok, with everything hooked up as normal, test pins 11-15, meter set to vdc, neg. probe on metal chassis ground, pos. probe on top of connector probing down to touch the metal part, test in standby[tv plugged in power off] take note, leave probe in place, power up tv, take note, do this for pins 11 thru 15.

Comment

Testing demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GReg9cPDP-c

Comment

Can try a simple reset, with tv unplugged from power, hold power button in on tv for 30 seconds, plug tv back in and try it, have seen some remotes act strangely, prolly won't work but could try taking batteries out of remote, push all the buttons a few times, put new batteries in and try, some also reported that their remote didn't work but a different one or a universal one made the tv work, odd.

Comment

Check this link, not the same exact model but could be similar: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79224

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, I didn't get a chance to crack it back open yesterday, but the vendor who I purchased the replacement from said they would send me another board if I could verify that there is no standby power. Not sure I've done that with the pin out readings, but I'm going to try to crack it again today.

Will look through all the thread suggestions -- any other readings I can take from this board that would help validate no standby power?

Comment

I had my multimeter in the wrong mode (AC instead of DC). I'm getting 16V from the two 16V pins and 5V from the ps-on with the main board disconnected... welp, live and learn.

I'm going to try to do some recommended troubleshooting to narrow the problem to the mainboard but sounds like a mainboard issue

Comment

Ok, now do the test in post #4, that should give a clue as to whats wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      Ok, now do the test in post #4, that should give a clue as to whats wrong.
                      well, I didn't bother with the test, but figured instead "in for a penny, in for a pound" and ordered a main board.

We'll see if that was foolish or not early next week when it arrives.

I figured, how many other parts could it possibly be? I think the only two other things I could buy are the "tconn" board and the actual power switch board, and it sounds like of those two, only the switch could be causing my symptoms -- so, 50-50 chance, not bad odds.

Comment

Working...
                      X