No announcement yet.

Panasonic 55DX600u repair help - no display fast green then slow red led flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 55DX600u repair help - no display fast green then slow red led flash

put yours DMM on V DC 200V Red probe each time on SRV-LED1 & SRV-LED2 with reference to TV chassis..then plug the Tv in wall socket... remark yours DMM reading high and low on each Jumper of SRV-LED1&2

Comment

Re: Panasonic 55DX600u repair help - no display fast green then slow red led flash

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      put yours DMM on V DC 200V Red probe each time on SRV-LED1 & SRV-LED2 with reference to TV chassis..then plug the Tv in wall socket... remark yours DMM reading high and low on each Jumper of SRV-LED1&2
      65v while attempting to start then settling at 1v after fault, 66v and 1v for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by fixxy88 View Post
        I think this is looking like the same problem that I have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bFG2j-Uts
        Well, as I wrote code error "1" - BL SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
          Well, as I wrote code error "1" - BL SOS.
          Yes this makes sense. I should have stopped counting at 1!

Thanks for your help :-)

Comment

Now the problem is to disassemble it, replace the LED strips, assemble it without damaging the matrix and its cables.

Comment

Now the problem is to disassemble it, replace the LED strips, assemble it without damaging the matrix and its cables.
              Yes it looks like a big job. I'll have to think about whether I want to do it or pass it on to someone with more time.

Comment

You can do it just take your time and treat the panel with kid gloves.

Comment

Looking at some Panasonic repair videos it looks like they had high resistance on the LED strip connectors - is this likely the problem here or are dead individual LEDS more common?

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  You can do it just take your time and treat the panel with kid gloves.
                  Thanks for the encouragement! A friend who is a highly skilled tech recently had a panel break doing this job so I'm a little hesitant! I might be ok though.

Comment

windows glass double suck caps i used with 85 size with out any problem.. like kids game
                    so equipment's play the roll not the courage

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      windows glass double suck caps i used with 85 size with out any problem.. like kids game
                      so equipment's play the roll not the courage
                      Ok good tip. Do you suspect dead LEDs or bad side strip connectors?

Comment

Ok so I got to the bottom of it. LED D3 on the top left led strip is dead. All the other strips seem ok.

Comment

Ok, this quote from your initial post was the best clue, it's almost always the backlights when it happens "backlight gives a brief flash then set shuts down"

Comment

Looks like the bl-sos 1 blink was right on the money this time.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-24-2023, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Looks like the bl-sos 1 blink was right on the money this time.
                              Yes I feel a bit silly missing that!

Now I have to decide whether it's worth fixing or not. I can get a used BL strip at fairly low cost, but I have a feeling once they start failing the others may follow.

Comment

It is better to change everything to new ones, otherwise there will be repetitions after some time.

Comment

It is better to change everything to new ones, otherwise there will be repetitions after some time.
                                  Sadly I don't have the funds to replace with new. I'd actually love to find a single diode to replace the dead one with as I'm comfortable with SMD. It appears to be a 3030 at around 5300k but I imagine it would be hard to match it accurately.

Comment

Probably go to about any tv shop, they're likely to have some available for a buck or 2, try to get at least one strip, may need the extras soon, that's all used ones are worth, be sure to turn the backlights down as far as tolerable to prolong the leds lifespan.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-24-2023, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Probably go to about any tv shop, they're likely to have some available for a buck or 2, try to get at least one strip, may need the extras soon, that's all used ones are worth, be sure to turn the backlights down as far as tolerable to prolong the leds lifespan.
                                      I can order a used strip online for about $20USD delivered. I'm not sure I'll be able to find one locally though, we aren't close to any decent TV repairers. If I knew the color temp of the led I'd just order a few individual leds. I have had a go at working it out using a camera with manual color temp but I doubt it's accurate without a proper grey card.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-24-2023, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Ok, yeah sometimes I forget how big Australia is, must be nice to have all that room to stretch out in, getting pretty crowded Stateside.
                                          Yeah it's great be able to drive 10mins and feel like you are all alone! We are lucky :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X