No announcement yet.

Panasonic 55DX600u repair help - no display fast green then slow red led flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 55DX600u repair help - no display fast green then slow red led flash

its edge or direct BL? can we see the the defect one? you wrote 3030 it sound direct LED with lens

Comment

Re: Panasonic 55DX600u repair help - no display fast green then slow red led flash

Nice, yes that's what I was trying to say, I deleted it, I didn't want people to think that I didn't know that Melbourne is a very big city, lol.

Comment

saw some on ali, whole sets for like 20-35 bucks, maybe the right ones are in there somewhere: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...list.1000002.0

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          its edge or direct BL? can we see the the defect one? you wrote 3030 it sound direct LED with lens
          Sure :-)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            saw some on ali, whole sets for like 20-35 bucks, maybe the right ones are in there somewhere: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...list.1000002.0
            Thanks for the link. Some of those would probably fit and work, but apparently there are different color temp versions of this strip, and the DX600u isn't specifically listed, so I'm not sure if it would work 100% without affecting colour calibration.

Nice, yes that's what I was trying to say, I deleted it, I didn't want people to think that I didn't know that Melbourne is a very big city, lol.
            Haha all good. I'm not actually in Melbourne itself, but it's within driving distance :-)
            Last edited by fixxy88; 02-24-2023, 06:36 PM.

Comment

so direct LED. you need to test one LED which working to chech if it build in zinner diode or with out. to be sure of the replacment one
              --- when you test with DMM diode mode will lit dimm and when you reserve the probe will read diode round 0.635 if no read mean with out zinner

Comment

Diah, is there a way to tell if the ones for sale have the ziner or not? is it in the label somewhere?

Comment

Diah, is there a way to tell if the ones for sale have the ziner or not? is it in the label somewhere?
                  some sellers write down led diagram und there pointed to the ziner build in.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    so direct LED. you need to test one LED which working to chech if it build in zinner diode or with out. to be sure of the replacment one
                    --- when you test with DMM diode mode will lit dimm and when you reserve the probe will read diode round 0.635 if no read mean with out zinner
                    Thanks Diah :-) No zener on these LEDs. I just have to work out the colour temperature now. I think it might be more toward the blue end.

Comment

Just thought I'd post a follow up to this. I fitted a new 3030 LED from Aliexpress to the strip and found it was not really close enough in colour temp, so using a purple marker pen I added some color to the lens and got it pretty close and refitted it. I moved that LED to the bottom corner where it would be less obvious.

The TV now works but has another fault. On the other side of the display to the replaced LED, the brightness is a little less, but briefly pulses to what I guess is normal brightness every 2 seconds. I'm not sure where to start with that one, and I think I've put enough time into it now and may just move it on. Also this display has terrible DSE, you can make out the LED lens circles on some scenes. Really strange, I don't know if it is just a bad model or even if some diffuser sheet was left out on a previous repair. I doubt this, as it all seemed normal when I pulled it apart.

Anyway, thanks for all the help, I learned a lot on this one!

Comment

Prolly another led on it's way out, does turning down the backlights or brightness effect it any?

Comment

Prolly another led on it's way out, does turning down the backlights or brightness effect it any?
                          I actually suspect it's the panel drive rather than the backlight LEDS. It's a perfectly timed brightness pulse, and I can't seen any brightness change on the LEDS from the rear of the TV. Maybe I damaged a COB driver or flat connector somewhere....

Comment

Working...
                          X