Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense 50P6

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
    My apology for being a bit slow with this reply.

Before I did anything I checked to see if the pin on the PS had 12v when turned on...it did.

I then turned it all off and then put the lead on the 12v PS and onto F1 on the t-con and the screen went bright white with no lines.
    then the issue at MB. don't play with T-CON or screen any more..
    remove the black heat sink from the CPU and upload high resolution focused photos of the MB from up and down side..

Comment

Thanks Diah,

I am unfamiliar with how to open up that part.

Here is a photo of it again, if you could please advise me of how that cover comes off>

Thanks

EDIT
      Sorry, I have remove all (bar one) of the screws and ribbons that connect to the MB, but I cannot seem to work out how to remove the lead inside the yellow square? It does not seem to want to pull straight out, even with force...is there a special way it releases please? Obviously I do not wish to damage it.

Sorry...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by viewerau; 03-12-2023, 02:45 AM.
      Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

it sound this socket had burned inside if it didn't plugged out.
        try to disconnect the wifi module socket at the module side, and unplug the speaker socket at MB and turn on the tv.. see if there are any different at screen. ( all other sockets LVDS should be in place ) and all boards screwed to chassis as original,

Comment

ok...

I reconnected everything back together as it was originally, turned on the panel, and it was back to how it was with the vertical stripes.

I still cannot get that adaptor out, so I disconnected the the wifi board, undid the speaker cable, and also had to remove the on/off power switch to do so, all other cables and screws out...it is now loose on my bench.

Now to work out how to remove the processor cover?

Thanks for sticking with me.
          Attached Files

Comment

screw out the MB from it place. and from downside you will be able to see 2 white clips which hold the heat sing
            the purpose of this remove i need to know which kind of cpu build in this set MTK !!
            if you feel ur self not sure.. try to find replacement MB

Comment

Here are some closeups I tried to do with my phone camera.
              Attached Files

Comment

It's the little white thingies sticking out, just use a needle nose or small pliers to squeeze them for removal, look closely at them and you can tell which way to squeeze them.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-12-2023, 04:27 AM.

Comment

okay... the CPU area from downside had color change because of heating... its much now there BGA issue at CPU in case T-CON 12V correct at MB

press the clips from both side and push it down it will release from the heat sink do the same to other one and take out the heat sink and show the CPU label after you clean it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your tutoring.

I was able to remove the processor cover.

I have attached some photos of the front and back again of the processor area, but have not cleaned it, as all I have here is household products, and I am unsure what to use in case I damage something?

From untrained eyes, I see little discoloration on the back of the board where the processor sits, nothing evident even with that paste stuff still on there, and no burn type heat mark on the heat sink side facing the processor?

Any ideas on what I may do next?

Appreciating your input immensely ...thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

questiones:
                      did you have sound when you turn on and the screen show the lines?

about cleaning the CPU use cloth and glass cleaner spray.. it will remove this white pasta. need to read the lable No of the Soc.

Comment

Sound is present she said....I have not hooked it up to an hdmi source to check it myself.

New pictures attached
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by viewerau; 03-12-2023, 05:41 AM.

Comment

so its MT5658, the section of GPU in this CPU now had defect at core or BGA ( soldering point under the Chip) this repair level you can not to terminate it and solve it... replace MB are only Option for you... but if you wand to try to use oven or hot air gun to heat this Soc there are chance of less than 50% will work again in case we have BGA issue. as this Soc hat allot of small soldering joint point under it..

if you want to try heating you must first disconnected the socket which still on it.. then.. heat the oven to max temperature after it reach the max put the MB on the plate and close the door over for 15 minute. after that just turn off the oven and open the door... never never remove the boards until it cool down. then try.

if you have hot air gun with 350° or more... put the boards on the table and find some piece heavy weight to put it on the Chip. and start heating it ( only the chip. ) don't let the air heat the parts around it.. use this heat for 5 minute and leave it cool down and try.
                          that's all what i can offer LOL
                          Last edited by Diah; 03-12-2023, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                            Many thanks again.

I don't have the expertise to remove it, as you rightly suggested.

I also don't have a hot air gun...you knew I'd say that too..

I will ask the owner what they want to do, as looking online here in Australia, about the only board I could see as a total replacement was this...

http://www.mxmee.com.au/index.php?ro...roduct_id=9579

They may well baulk at that price, especially as I cannot be dead certain this will fix it either.

May be their best option is the purchase of another tv?

It irks me that I see lots of people throw away tv's without even having a try to see the problem, but alas, every time I seem to try, I hit the magic wall.

Even in this old thread, with parts from exactly the same tv, I still got stumped...grr
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95273

I thank everyone whom tries to help me here, and one day in the future, hopefully, I will resurrect something, rather than landfill it. Mind you, I will still need to come here for tuition!

Cheers all...and THANK YOU

Comment

You might have misunderstood, you don't need to remove the chip to try a diy reflow, do you have a halogen bulb laying around, can try with that, read the last few posts in this thread and check the videos if you like: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106825

Comment

Thanks for the link nomoresonys.

I also watched this video
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFspA0c03tc

Do you think it is worth a go trying with the wife's hairdryer?

If I did try that, would I also, before fitting and seeing what happens, need to go to an electronic store and get some of that thermo paste first, as I don't have any.

Thanks

EDIT
                                What do you think as the alternative "pastes", just to check?

Ala
                                Instead, Nilsen set up his Innovatek Kühlertester KT-3 with a heat spreader and an Asus Triton 77 heatsink mounted on top of the CPU and proceeded to test toothpaste, yellow cheese, hair wax, moisturizing cream, butter, banana, and paper at intervals of 15 minutes under a 90-watt load.

The results will surprise you. In order from the most thermally conductive to the least:

Butter 53.2°C
                                Moisturizing cream 54°C
                                Hair wax 56°C
                                Toothpaste 1°C
                                Banana 58°C
                                Paper 67.2°C
                                Yellow cheese 67.9°C
                                Taken at face value, it appears that the butter and the moisturizing cream are the best short-term alternatives, but truthfully, both liquefied before the allotted 15-minute time frame came to a close. Considering that a motherboard sits beneath a CPU inside a computer, the liquefied oil runs the risk of spilling over onto underlying electronics.

The best alternatives turned out to be hair wax and toothpaste, which exhibited a relatively low temperature without completely drying out and cracking.
                                Last edited by viewerau; 03-12-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Lol, I've heard of toothpaste before but was too chicken to try it, probably best to use real thermal paste, pretty cheap to buy if you only need a little, I guess if the hairdryer can get up to about 230c, but I don't think they get anywhere near hot enough for a decent reflow but they are very handy for checking caps n such.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-12-2023, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I did not put the hairdryer on it yet, but just assembled it all back together again to see if it was the same after fiddling around.

Here is a link to a video of the vertical bars....dunno why I didn't think to do this in the first place?

https://imgur.com/a/lcEV1VM

Lastly, when now pressing the power button, the tv comes to the video shown, and just after the stripes arrive, the red light on the power switch blinks exactly 17 times until it stops. Tried it half a dozen times, and always the same blink pattern.

I looked up blinking lights on google, but found nothing on 17 blinks.

I did try the reset procedure of power off from wall, hold power button for 60 seconds, then power up, but all still the same.

Comment

How odd...I just found this in another thread...the 17 blinks...doesn't say anything about my vertical lines though.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84356

I also checked the voltage o the fuse of the tcon, and it is 12v both sides.
                                      Last edited by viewerau; 03-12-2023, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry for all the follow up posts...

I borrowed a heat gun and warmed the processor chip for 5 mins.

Nothing changed.

Comment

if your heating process was correct.. then try to play with firmware... search for firmware dosnt matter which version.. vida U firmware can be downgrade or upgrade direct from USB at TV start up.

if you couldn't find on web.. call Hisense and ask them for firmware link... don't tell them about the lines you have... just say tv wont turn on 17 blink.

Comment

Working...
                                          X