Vizio E601i-A3 backlight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E601i-A3 backlight issue

When I turn on the TV the backlights flash on for a second and go out, I get the Vizio logo on screen for that short time. It passes the flashlight test.
    Will a bad backlight cause this shutdown or should I be looking at the power board.

CN301 CONNECTOR
    Readings as follows
    VLED1-1+ 125 volts then drops to 0
    VLED1-1- 0 volts
    VLED1-2+ 0 volts
    VLED1-2- 109 VOLTS THEN DROPS TOO 0
    VLED2-1+ 105 volts then drops to 0
    VLED2-1- 0 volts
    VLED2-2+ 0 volts
    VLED2-2- 130 volts then drops to 0

CN201 reading seem right, will post if needed.

Looking online at replacement boards I see near connector CN301, i'm guessing these are
    high voltage safety capacitors ??. There are 4 near the connector and 2 more behind them.
    I see some used boards with yellow ones, with numbers F105k 450mpb. On mine they are
    black with or gray with MPHB 105k.Could the yellow ones be an improved version and could
    these posssibly be the problem?
    Last edited by 1crow1; 03-22-2023, 07:20 AM.

Re: Vizio E601i-A3 backlight issue

Prolly bad backlights, unhook backlight connector from powerboard and check those VLED pins on powerboard.

Comment

The measurements are posted above. Will a bad led, not the whole strip shut it down?

Comment

Yes, plus that symptom is very common when bad backlight/s or backlight connection, there's ways to test them, I think I would tear it down to get a better look at them and see if they all light up the same and maybe test them individually if needed. Must be VERY CAREFUL tho, the screens are very flimsy and easy to break. Check out some youtube videos, there's a bunch on vizios, hardest part is getting the screen off and reassembled without breaking/cracking it.

Comment

Maybe to be sure and cover everything before tearing it down, do the testing in this link, I think this tv has a similar powerboard, I would do the tests and be sure to do the stand alone powerboard and backlight test that Budm describes: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79224
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-22-2023, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into that

Comment

Working...
            X