TVPartsToday Not Recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVPartsToday Not Recommended

So the Sony main board I bought in this thread was from TVPartsToday (Tri State Module, Secure Core Evansville). I would not recommend buying parts from them. If you google for reviews, you will find bad return experiences on the BBB website. Their response there is that it could take 30 days to process a return and they would not refund shipping even if the board was defective. I got a RMA from them, shipped it back, but never heard from them so escalated a dispute on Paypal and got a full refund today (seller never responded).

I would recommend buying parts on eBay or ElectropartsOnline (they have an ebay store as well). Electroparts will pay return shipping even if you change your mind and give a full refund. eBay's policy is that all sellers need to offer a full refund if an item is defective or not as described. Sellers need to pay return shipping in this scenario and normally ebay will generate a USPS label which will get charged to the seller if they want the item back.

Shopjimmy also has a good reputation though their prices are higher. I have only bought one set of Vizio LED backlights (60", couldn't find anywhere else) and eeproms (none of them fixed my main board problems).

I find that around 20% of used boards I order are defective since they could be returned by unscrupulous customers or the seller has no capability of testing. Most sellers also don't take ESD damage into consideration and will ship boards in clear plastic bags and clear bubble wrap.
    Last edited by neilc6; 01-13-2020, 02:20 PM.

Re: TVPartsToday Not Recommended

TVPT offers free replacements in their return policy. Youjust have to go by the terms it looks like from reading their Google reviews 😂

Comment

Tv Parts Today is a joke of a company. They ship out untested boards, then charge the customer shipping (both ways) to return the bad defective board.
      There is no way that that is acceptable.
      I see that they were on ebay for about a year. They have/had a 14.3% feedback rating. That sounds about right.
      Definitely, shop somewhere else!

Comment

Never had a a problem with them returning items and having to pay shipping. I have ordered a few boards through them and have received 1 or 2 defective ones. They shipped out new ones before I even returned the old ones. They did provide paid shipping for the returns.

Comment

always look at the return details when buying on ebay usually says right there on the page, beware the ones that say buyer pays return shipping, got caught recently on that, had to eat a part that didn't fit as described for a lawnmower, sure enough it said BUYER pays return shipping, fortunately it wasn't a big price.

Comment

Aliexpress.com is good ... if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks for your items to ship from overseas. About 95 percent of the things I've ordered for half the price compared to here work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tech9pc View Post
              Aliexpress.com is good ... if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks for your items to ship from overseas. About 95 percent of the things I've ordered for half the price compared to here work fine.
              Iv almost stopped using Aliexpress if I can source the products elsewhere.

There was a review from Diah that claimed for 1st hand experience that everything that is sold on Aliexpress are faulty items which have failed QC at the factory.
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102223

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                Iv almost stopped using Aliexpress if I can source the products elsewhere.

There was a review from Diah that claimed for 1st hand experience that everything that is sold on Aliexpress are faulty items which have failed QC at the factory.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102223
                Indeed, I also won't buy from china IF I can get it anywhere else, no QC as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                  Never had a a problem with them returning items and having to pay shipping. I have ordered a few boards through them and have received 1 or 2 defective ones. They shipped out new ones before I even returned the old ones. They did provide paid shipping for the returns.
                  Well that is at least surprising. Just 4 hours ago, they responded to a customer telling them that they never refund shipping.

And I quote, "Original shipping costs are always nonrefundable as they are costs paid directly to FedEx for the service of delivery."

They sent me a bad main board and charged shipping both ways and a restocking charge. I had the original main board repaired at NicksTv. He does good work.

BTW, NormaJean Yates who works for TVPartsToday, apparently also works/worked for "TV Parts for sale", which has a 1.7 start review rating. Also, check out "TV_Parts_Today" on ebay. They have a 14.3% rating.
                  Last edited by kdh2012; 12-21-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Yes....they have fine print.

You have to pay return shipping.
                    But after they receive it, you also have to call to actually get them to process the Refund (Within 90 days of receipt).

Comment

do not buy from tvpartstoday

do not buy from www.tvpartstoday.com
                      Found a power supply board to fix my Samsung on that site, they sent a main board for some unknown tv
                      they supplied shipping to return such item, they acknowledged the return.
                      They have not refunded my money after two weeks, in the hands of paypal, if they falter then the credit card people.

What a waist of time an effort

Just don't do it

Comment

purchased 2 items from them in last year - both arrived DEAD, toke 2 months to get refund - one of them they charged me re-stocking fee for a DEAD board. NEVER AGAIN will I buy from them

Comment

I purchased a system board from this company. Order ship same day received it in two days using their standard shipping. Had to have that board replaced included in their standard term as it appeared defective. The replacement board was also sent same day with no hassle whatsoever. Customer decided not to pursue the repair, then I returned both boards with their free return (defective original board) then gave me a refund less original shipping, with no restocking. They were always pleasant and willing to be helpful. I’m very pleased and will purchase from them again. They do have a rigid process in place for returns and refunds but if one follows the policy which isn’t burdening which is not too much to ask, they were very nice. They have lots of OLD negative reviews but following their policy is easy they are very good. RECOMMENDED!

Comment

Originally posted by jkb242 View Post
                            I purchased a system board from this company. Order ship same day received it in two days using their standard shipping. Had to have that board replaced included in their standard term as it appeared defective. The replacement board was also sent same day with no hassle whatsoever. Customer decided not to pursue the repair, then I returned both boards with their free return (defective original board) then gave me a refund less original shipping, with no restocking. They were always pleasant and willing to be helpful. I'm very pleased and will purchase from them again. They do have a rigid process in place for returns and refunds but if one follows the policy which isn't burdening which is not too much to ask, they were very nice. They have lots of OLD negative reviews but following their policy is easy they are very good. RECOMMENDED!
                            They charged us restocking on a bad board, and you are saying they did not charge you on returning a GOOD board?? Not buying it. Probably wrote this for Tv Parts Today.
                            BTW Check out the NEW negative reviews. Same ol', same ol'. Nothing has changed with them. They run their company on the backs of innocent purchasers.

Comment

Working...
                            X